cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL] Camera not working/dark

Sharon____
Star I
Basic info below.
Just like all other zenfone 4 max users (according to the internet), my camera has gone dark. There have been many posts about this already but I was just wondering whether Asus has been working on a solution or not? If yes please tell us the solution. Just like all others I've tried all steps , updated and reset all settings.

screenshot-20200602-124725.jpg
screenshot-20200602-124722.jpg
some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone4 Max 5.5"(ZC554KL)
Firmware Version: see picture
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20200602-125959.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

I write from Chile, and here we don't have phones support, just notebooks and tablets. I did a factory reset and the camera worked fine for a few days, then failed.
I had installed the lastest firmware, modifying the final number (519) to release it and work, but the camera still seems to crash.
I think that problem is not a hardware failure, so ASUS needs to release a patch. Many people have the same problem.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jaimito.alarcon
Thank you for your asking. First, my ZC554KL camera still works fine.
Second, please contact with the service center for further checking since you already tried the Factory Reset. If the model is available in your country, there may be at least one service center which can check the device out.
https://www.asus.com/latin/support/Service-Center/Chile
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

ales668
Star I
A lot of people have the same problem with the camera software, just read the reviews on playstore, this is strange.
Asus need to release upgrades, people are forced to change phone for this issues.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ales668
Thank you for your asking.
1. Have you ever brought your device to the repair center for device checking? If you did, please provide me your RMA no for further checking.
2. Have you already tried the troubleshooting tips above?

Zoltán
Star I
It is the same problem for me,i tried the tips,but the camera still doesn't want to start and remains black