This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug or missing features? using both USB-C at the same time?

p_o_dupuis
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: .58
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

For some reason I can't use the asus arion on the side usb c port and a usb c card reader on the lower port on the same time. Can you guys please fix it or add this feature? I want to be able to transfert photos from my sd card reader to the asus arion directly. doing card reader --> phone --> asus arion is not the best option. I will like to do sd card reader --> asus arion.
5 REPLIES 5

p_o_dupuis
Star II
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS please add this feature.

p_o_dupuis
Star II
Is it a bug or not? I will love to get a reply from a moderator. Thanks! Both, the asus arion and the sd card reader work great on both usb c when only one port is used.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
p.o.dupuis

Is it a bug or not? I will love to get a reply from a moderator. Thanks! Both, the asus arion and the sd card reader work great on both usb c when only one port is used.

View post
It's a limitation unfortunately. You can't transfer data on both ports at the same time but if you buy a USB hub, then I believe it should work.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
You can't use the phone as a channel between two devices, as you only have one data stream coming to/from the phone.
What will work however, is connecting your phone to a USB hub. (The mobile desktop dock will work, for example.)
That way, you can connect both the card reader and the Arion to the hub and use your phone to move files between the two.