This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 3 BLACK CRUSH ISSUE(AFTER UPDATE)

eduvigisgarcia8
Star III
Still experiencing the black crush after updating the phone.
Also the refresh rate is changing to 60hz when you lower the brightness.
Is there anyone who also experienced this?
Thanks!

31 REPLIES 31

Noix
Rising Star II
Maybe because they can't fix it.

gfg59204
Star III
Noix

Maybe because they can't fix it.

View post
Asus rog phone 2 has a little black crush

The black crush is hardly noticeable except in a few cases on rog phone 2. If the black color is adjusted at high brightness and the black squish is greatly reduced by 90%, I will not be satisfied with the solution compared to the price I paid. I do not use this phone much because of this problem but I will wait See what happens

GameOjas
Rising Star I
We want replace or repair.... If you asus can't fix the issue. We want our money 💰 back.
Forget the 10-bit HDR AMOLED... it's not even a decent screen... Even phone with 10000 Rs have better screen.
screenshot-20200917-124924450-1.jpg

eduvigisgarcia8
Star III
You sold a phone with a bunch of issues.
Its so disappointing
We deserve a refund for this.

as19103
Rising Star I
eduvigisgarcia88

@Anders_ASUS why is it just decrease the black crush?

View post
Yeah they can only decrease it now. Seems to be hardware issue. I have compared my old OnePlus 5T's display color production with Rog 3's display. The colors remain same on OP5T on all brigthness, but it differs a lot on Rog 3. Rog 3 can not produce proper blacks, depite being an Amoled panel. Na the issue is not just in videos on certain apps it is a system wide issue, that makes be believe that it is infact a hardware issue and Asus cant even provide an official statement.
I had bad experience with Zenfone earlier but that was 5 years back. I bought Rog 3 thinking that its been long time and things would have improved but its still the same.