This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen recording caps refresh rate at 120hz.

Craven
Rising Star II
Please whoever is in charge of the software, i always have my screen set to 144hz but when I turn on the screen recorder while gaming, the refresh rate is brought down and locked to 120hz. Why?
7 REPLIES 7

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
@Craven this is because game screen recording supports only 120 fps at max and other than games any apps (not added in armoury crate manually) screen recording is caped at 90fps
This is the reason you are not getting 144fps whipe screen recording

Craven
Rising Star II
Saifuddin

@Craven this is because game screen recording supports only 120 fps at max and other than games any apps (not added in armoury crate manually) screen recording is caped at 90fps

This is the reason you are not getting 144fps whipe screen recording

View post
Yeah i get that but why can't it just like record what's on the screen regardless of the refresh rate? I don't care if the output video is just 60 fps as long as my screen is running at 144hz like the way i set it to, then it's fine.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114074#Comment_114074

Yeah i get that but why can't it just like record what's on the screen regardless of the refresh rate? I don't care if the output video is just 60 fps as long as my screen is running at 144hz like the way i set it to, then it's fine.

View post
You got a point but thats on asus to give as that option
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS give us some opinion about this and will this capped limit will be removed or not in future update?

MV
Rising Star II
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114074#Comment_114074

View post
Have you seen this kind of feature anywhere where recording frequency is higher than source frequency?