This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we not getting security updates in a regular Interval

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Asus, May I know the reason behind not sending security updates on regular interval? Do you think that security updates are not required to keep our phone secure from security threat?
When other leading brands are doing it properly, why not Asus? Can you share your problem or difficulty behind this delay. @Gustav_ASUS
Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Not applicable
FiREPLAY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113223#Comment_113223

No apps can ever beat native OS implementation, as for being bloaty..... so from your point of view, with all the features that R3 has then its a bloaty device right? 😂 You sound really biased there bud like a typical fanboy, don't be blind.

Yeah sure we've got a bunch of updates and fixes and we do thank ASUS developers for that, but this doesn't mean they can skimp from bringing new features to their flagship device? heck R2 is just a year old now and mine is still under warranty, and yet after all these months of A10 release we still haven't see a single feature being added to the global rom. CN version of R2 has many of the same feature as R3 and it has those SW features since its release last year, and here we are just waiting for something new to be added.

I personally love the device but good luck having us R2 users as your future customers ASUS, we'll lose faith and move on to another brand if you keep up with this negligence.

View post
Just ignore that guy, he is die hard fan of asus thinking he knows it all. I have him blocked due to his fandom for asus and denying everything that we want.

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113888#Comment_113888

When you say features, what kind of features are you talking about? Amazon, Netflix, YouTube?

You're not meant to have lots of features/apps on a gaming phone 😏 The flexibility gives you the power already to install what you want and not get forced to have things you dont want.

If you're talking about the lack of features for gaming, then I will give you that. Clearly you're not because there's no phone with 6GB of RAM considered as a gaming phone. 😂

The features I am talking about is what the phone (hardware) can do. Air triggers, the aero cooler, the accessories that you can use so that you're playing a console game, headphone jack on Rog 2. Unfortantely not 5G compatible, but wasnt a deal breaker. The bog standard features will be normal for all phones.

Going off on a tangent here, but that is why home built PCs will always be better than PCs that have been built for you.

View post
>There's no phone with 6GB of RAM considered as a gaming phone.
iPhone 11 Pro. Apple doesn't advertise iPhones as "gaming" phones but almost all the mobile eSports players prefer using iPhones and iPads over Android devices. And coming back to the main topic, I bought the 12 GB variant and it still lags while doing multiple tasks at once. My now 2 year old OnePlus 6 which has 8 GBs of RAM has never lagged and I've never had to factory reset it after installing an update. Having beefy hardware doesn't mean it'll outperform better optimised devices. Being a fanboy is not a bad thing, but shitting on others just because you don't like to hear any criticism about your favourite brand is utter foolishness.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
FiREPLAY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113223#Comment_113223

No apps can ever beat native OS implementation, as for being bloaty..... so from your point of view, with all the features that R3 has then its a bloaty device right? 😂 You sound really biased there bud like a typical fanboy, don't be blind.

Yeah sure we've got a bunch of updates and fixes and we do thank ASUS developers for that, but this doesn't mean they can skimp from bringing new features to their flagship device? heck R2 is just a year old now and mine is still under warranty, and yet after all these months of A10 release we still haven't see a single feature being added to the global rom. CN version of R2 has many of the same feature as R3 and it has those SW features since its release last year, and here we are just waiting for something new to be added.

I personally love the device but good luck having us R2 users as your future customers ASUS, we'll lose faith and move on to another brand if you keep up with this negligence.

View post
Ignore this guy dude, Its always ignorance and garbage.
where other companies hire engineers and developers to make their product better, asus seem to hire fan boy to defend their shit

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
// I'm locking this thread since the discussion has drifted off-topic and is going nowhere. Remember to keep it civil guys.