cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Flickr at extreme low brightness

Kamesh
Star III
@Anders_ASUS 
The screen flickers at extreme low brightness on white background like Instagram DM and Gmail etc. When suddenly brightness is dropped from medium or high to extreme low the flickering can be seen on white baground this happens only for extreme low brightness and dark room.This is not a hardware problem because at medium to high this doesn't happens.
43 REPLIES 43

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've spent the better part of 15 min trying simulating different lighting conditions, trying to replicate what you are experiencing without any success. You must capture this on video or I will not able to ask our software team to fix it

lalabalalalabal
Star III
The camera can't capture this "effect" and because of this no one uploaded a video with it!
You sound like "Well i can't see flickering and there is no problem. All of you wich experiencing this, you are delusional!"
If i share a picture of the AZ6 next to Nokia 8 in direct sunlight at max brightness of the display, you must close your forum and stop selling this device. ?The display is barely visible at direct sunlight! 600nits my ****!
And if we speak about the camera... Why don't you ask Arnova8G2 how to do it? One man is better than all of your so called dev team!
One more thing- only 10 people have problems?! No, a lot of people have it, stop lying i am not blind!
Go to the Asus store, go to the Asus store, go to the Asus store... No, man, your software team sucks!
PS: Unfortunately i have Asus X470 mobo and R7 3700X CPU and i can't use it because of the Bios- it's crap, that Asus's dev team produced!
Three times i gave my money to Asus, no more of that!

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Then return/sell it and stop being so salty. Many complains here are written mutiple times by the same people so it might seem like every user has those problems. I have none and, as you can see on XDA, I'm not the only one. I can't measure maximum brightness but for me it is bright enough. My screen also doesn't flicker. If yours do, you can set manual exposure and record it in slo-mo. Be creative and stop talking how you can't prove it. Arnova8G2 is a porting developer, not the creator of Google Camera's algorithms. He adapts existing software.

lalabalalalabal
Star III
ColorSage said:
Then return/sell it and stop being so salty. Many complains here are written mutiple times by the same people so it might seem like every user has those problems. I have none and, as you can see on XDA, I'm not the only one. I can't measure maximum brightness but for me it is bright enough. My screen also doesn't flicker. If yours do, you can set manual exposure and record it in slo-mo. Be creative and stop talking how you can't prove it. Arnova8G2 is a porting developer, not the creator of Google Camera's algorithms. He adapts existing software.
Who the fuck are you? Are you from the Asus team? No! So shut the fuck up!