dinodini
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
   Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
   Firmware Version: WW_29.12.18.14
   Rooted or not: Not Rooted
   Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
   APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I activated the bage count function by opening the start screen settings -> Preferences
I activated the function for only showing the number of unread messages. I than activated the checkbox for the gmail app and the system told me I had to give the ASUS Launcher App permission for "contacts" and "Access to email information". After giving the Asus launcher that permissions I was able to activate the checkbox for the gmail app. But when I got a new email there is no badge count in the right corner of the gmail app.
When I activate the function the show the notification count (not only to show the unread messages) the badge count for the gmail App icon is working.

2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
dinodini

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7 Pro

Firmware Version: WW_29.12.18.14

Rooted or not: Not Rooted

Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I activated the bage count function by opening the start screen settings -> Preferences

I activated the function for only showing the number of unread messages. I than activated the checkbox for the gmail app and the system told me I had to give the ASUS Launcher App permission for "contacts" and "Access to email information". After giving the Asus launcher that permissions I was able to activate the checkbox for the gmail app. But when I got a new email there is no badge count in the right corner of the gmail app.

When I activate the function the show the notification count (not only to show the unread messages) the badge count for the gmail App icon is working.

Zenfone 7 Pro - No Gmail badge count for unread messages
You could try a restart of your phone. Might fix it. If not, please make a screen recording where you show that you've grated all the necessary permissions, that you have unread messages and that the counter is still not showing.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Closing thread due to inactivity