nuccio
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.58
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always occurs
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Notifications do not appear on the always on display. On my Pixel phone, when I get a missed call for instance, a notification icon will appear on the always on display to alert me that I had missed a call. The ROG 3 does not do this. Notification icons will appear on the lock screen but not the Always on display screen. If Pixel can do it surely Asus can as well.
My front notification LED will not light up for notifications. The LED works, as it comes on when i charge my phone, it is just not working for notifications. I have notifications enabled on system and app levels. interestingly the system lighting LED on the back of the phone turns on for notifications. I have tried with system lighting on and off but the front LED will not light up for notifications.
Whenever I make a phone call the first call out always fails. The second call to the same number works. This happens every time I make a call. The phone is always switching between 4G, 3G and H. I have never had this problem with any other phone in the 5 years I have been at this office. I use still use my Pixel everyday from this office and do not have the same reception issues that the Asus has. It seems the radio stack on this phone is running at too low a power setting. Ultimately causing the reception to be unreliable.
Please advise on what can be done to fix these issues.

8 REPLIES 8

nuccio
Rising Star I
Appreciate some answers here.

nuccio
Rising Star I
Back to the top.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Always on display is technically useless to me if it doesn't show notification at glance and my previous s7 edge had more customisation in always on displays than rog phone 3
Please asus give us more customisation s and more usefull information

nuccio
Rising Star I
Come on Asus, some sort of acknowledgement of my post would be good. Heard nothing