This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch is not working after March update in Max Pro M2

Alankar
Star I
When I boughg new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone there was touch issue.
I requested for return on flipkart but they sent technician and he just reset the phone. Again next day touch problem occurred and technician did the same again. This return and reset process continued 5 times i.e. I put the return request on flipkart 5 times but they didn't approved the return. Meanwhile I got the next Software update on my phone and phone worked till March( When the warranty period expired). But after March update the touch problem started again. It lasted for 2 days and started working automatically. But after around 10 days the same problem occurred again. This time it didn't get resolved automatically. Then I did factory reset, no benefit of this....then I downgraded to WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 from WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.092
But no gain...touch is still not working ...now I installed anothet version i.e. Android 10 beta version from official Asus website. Touch still not working.
I decided to downgrade it to the earlier version i.e. WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072
But it showed error
E3304: This package is for ASUS_X01BD devices. This is X01BD device.
Now I changed the code where it check the Device Model. It is available in Updater script file. And installed the framework WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 using TWRP recovery. This time touch started working.
Please tell me what is the exact problem behind this touch issue.
And please fix it in new firmware update and release as soon as possible.
40 REPLIES 40

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
mukesh_mehra1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113180#Comment_113180

The phone became erratic.

1 Went into recovery mode - wiped cache - did Wipe data/ factory reset. Phone became okay.

2 After some time notification was there to update firmware!

3 Updated firmware and then the touch stopped working. My recollection of this update was that it was build 094

4 The issue appeared after update!

5 The phone has neither fallen nor it is broken!

6 There is no Screen protector on it.

7 In recovery mode (Android 9), option is there to do " Root Integrity Check" did that. It said " System Check Fail"

8 Went to ASUS India site downloaded WW-16-2017-1912-072-999-user.zip copied to SD Card and loaded in recovery. Touch did not work.

9 In sequence uploaded WW-16-2017-2002-073-user.zip did not work, then WW-16-2017-2005-092-user.zip did not work, then WW-16-2007-094-user.zip, which again did not work.

10 None of these updates helped and screen touch did not work. After all these updates, CACHE and DATA wipe was done, also I kept doing "Root Integrity Check" and results always were:

Error:found 93 new files, Error: found 91 lost files, Error:found 1 modified files, Error:boot NORMAL check Fail, Error:boot Advance check Fail. System check FAIL!!

11 Now the Position is, touch screen is not working and on mobile we have first page, that is the language select page. Took my mobile to ASUS service, they said screen is bad, as touch is not working, so replacement of screen is required. They did not at all look as to it can be a software issue! Explained to them the errors being reported in software but to no avail. I did not give it them for screen replacement, but had to tinker with it my self to get it on and running.

As of now I am on WW-17-2018-2004-424-user.zip which is Android 10. Its recovery does not have option of Root Integrity Check. The touch is working. After receiving your message, Did SMMI Test for Display and Touch and results are "Passed".

The path to this upgrade, to make it running was not easy, somehow it happened. If this had not worked, I would have had, had to go back to ASUS service and agree with what they would have said.

Do you still think it could be a bad screen, and soon it would reach back to being unresponsive?

View post
Are the errors you are getting in the recovery the same as the errors in this article?
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 root integrity fail after Android Pie (9.0) update? You’re not alone

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mukesh_mehra1
Thank you for your reply. Has the device been unlock or root before?
To my knowledge, if the hardware is fine, the device should perform well after performing the Factory Reset because the software is flashed back to the original version without any 3rd party disturbance.

mukesh_mehra1
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi mukesh_mehra1

Thank you for your reply. Has the device been unlock or root before?

To my knowledge, if the hardware is fine, the device should perform well after performing the Factory Reset because the software is flashed back to the original version without any 3rd party disturbance.

View post
Nope! device was not rooted and factory reset did not work. Even getting onto Android 10 firmware was difficult. It started to respond after Andoid 10 update, touch still was erratic, with difficulty and with long waiting duration's, was able to get into developer mode, downloaded Unlock apk file from ASUS website, rooted mobile. Again wiped data and cache, re-updated Android version 10 and somehow this did the trick.
What I was looking for from ASUS service was to look into this software problem, towards which they were adamant on changing of Display screen. I am not into gizmo's and had to browse a lot to gather knowledge as to how problem can be rectified. I love my phone and had a feeling on not getting screen replaced as then after repairs it would be half a phone left. Still I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Is there a way to check system files? Wanted to make sure on software being okay, like I said, earlier in Android 9, I was receiving message of System check fail!!

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mukesh_mehra1
Thank you for your reply.
1. Can your device get into SMMI test now? Please provide me the screenshot of the result.
2. How often does the zero touch issue occur?

mukesh_mehra1
Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113350#Comment_113350

Are the errors you are getting in the recovery the same as the errors in this article?

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/06/01/asus-zenfone-max-pro-m1-root-integrity-fail-after-android-pie-9-0-...

View post
Let's go in phases to reach at conclusion on my phone issue is same as the piunikaweb.com article. As a layman what I understand of the article is that ASUS Zenfone OTA updates follow Block OTA method which update in same partition and their is no fallback. Newer versions???? of Android support payload based OTA via A/B partitioning, wherein update takes place in one partition and if it is non workable their still is old system to fall back upon. The article says ASUS Zenfone do not follow A/B partitioning method. As I am no expert/authority on these matters, would like to know your opinion, what I have understood is right?