dinodini
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_29.12.18.14
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Asus Contacts App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Before I changed from my LG G6 to the Asus Zenfone 7 Pro I already used the always on display function of the LG G6 smartphone. On that phone, when you got a new message from whatsapp or email or missed a phone call a small icon was displayed on the always on display. The Zenfone 7 Pro doesn't seem to have this kind of function which is a real pity, because the status LED is on the bottom of the phone and not always visible and also the status LED doesn't show what new message or phonecall you have missed but on the Always on display you could see a special icon for each app. So is there a way to activate it for the asus always on display or will there be an update to get that feature for the asus phone???
7 REPLIES 7

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I don't know what kind of Always on Display LG phones are using but they might very well use the same technology as OnePlus. Their "Always on Display" solution is an ambient display and not a genuine always on display which means that it goes away after a while and comes back if you touch the screen or move the phone. Our Always On Display solution is as the name says always on and must use much less power. Unfortunately that also means that it's less advanced and it's not as easy to make it show different icons depending on which app that sent the notification. But I will let our devs know that this is something you want

dinodini
Star II
Thanx for your Answer. The LG Always on Display was also always displayed. Another good feature on the LG was the possibility to set a time in the phone, were the always on display would be inactive, so that I could set the device to don't show the always on display when I was sleeping or so. Perhaps your developers can also realize this feature, that could save battery live when it is not shown the whole day.
Thx Dino Dini

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I will add this feedback too. Thanks!

rene_vogt
Star II
I hope this feature is soon added to the ZenFone as I miss this feature most. I have just changed from Huawei P20 to ZenFone 7. Other devices with an AMOLED display e.g. from Samsung or Huawei show app notifications on the always on display since several years.