Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113316#Comment_113316

Oh sorry, what I meant is to take a screenshot of the red tint issue.

View post
Bruh , how can u show the issue in screenshot ? Lmao xD
You need to click picture of the issue from another phone

ronald1985
Community Legend I
RAIDEN™

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113324#Comment_113324

Bruh , how can u show the issue in screenshot ? Lmao xD

You need to click picture of the issue from another phone

View post
That is my point and I agree with you @RAIDEN™
It is this comment which has led to my question or asking for a screenshot:
"Gotta appreciate fanboys here, they did great screwing up normal users by convincing that it a thing with every other OLED phone."
If it can only be seen from another phone, that's hardware related right? i.e. the OLED.

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113329#Comment_113329

"Gotta appreciate fanboys here, they did great screwing up normal users by convincing that it a thing with every other OLED phone."

If it can only be seen from another phone, that's hardware related right? i.e. the OLED.

View post
Yes it seems like a hardware issue for many of my friends , including mine has fixed with replacing the display through service centre

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113329#Comment_113329

View post
Eh?
I've already shared enough comparison photos of red Tint comparing to other OLED phones side by side in this same thread.
I accept other OLED too gave colour tints issue but not as high as ROG phone 2. My main point here is that Asus several times said that they are looking into it but never gave proper information or fix or atleast acceptance where it is hardware or software issue.
If you are triggered by this comment of mine,
I gotta ask, are you one of those whom I mentioned as Fanboys? Were you part of this "gang" who tried their best to convince that every OLED phone has it?. Just asking.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113332#Comment_113332

Eh?

I've already shared enough comparison photos of red Tint comparing to other OLED phones side by side in this same thread.

I accept other OLED too gave colour tints issue but not as high as ROG phone 2. My main point here is that Asus several times said that they are looking into it but never gave proper information or fix or atleast acceptance where it is hardware or software issue.

If you are triggered by this comment of mine,

I gotta ask, are you one of those whom I mentioned as Fanboys? Were you part of this "gang" who tried their best to convince that every OLED phone has it?. Just asking.

View post
No company would admit liability, it's going to be in the T&Cs like everything else.
So the revival of the post is to have an update despite knowing it's a hardware issue?