cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolved problem (Notebook display)

sammy_2507
Star I
Hello guys,

I would like to ask your suggestion in relation to my notebook problem.

I bought Asus Vivobook A409FJ in Q4 2019.

However, there is an issue where the display flickers at unpredictable moment without any clear reason.

When the display flickers, the notebook immediately can work any more. So, I have to make a hard reboot and the notebook is back to normal.

However, it happens so often and disturb my job.

Then, I went to Asus service center for the first time. They only reinstalled the OS, but it didn’t solve the problem.

Then, I went to Asus service center for the second time. They replace motherboard with the new one, but it still don’t solve the problem.

Unfortunately, the problem is even getting worse. In addition to flickering, the display now can suddenly turn into blank and the notebook hangs. It have happened many times since I took it from the service center for the second time.

Some say there must be a conflict causing this problem. Is it highly possible? I only install common programs.

I also have checked the latest version of the drivers.

T is truly embarrassing if I have to go to service center many times.

So, what is going on with my notebook? Is there anyone experiencing the same problem?

Or, is is Asus Vivobook A409FJ has a special problem that needs special treatment? 

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

sammy_2507
Star I
Here is the sample of flickering display.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sammy_2507

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/GOAG3AIJI25J/v-20200828-213545-x264.mp4

Here is the sample of flickering display.

View post
Its really terrible to watch like type of video, Is your model laptop is comes intel or amd processor?
i always install drivers from driver manufacturer website , not from asus.
also i suspecting fully driver fault with windows os settings.
to know real hardware isse , i would recommend you use linux ubantu live os , then play the video , check the problems.
take 64gb pendrive , download ubantu live os .iso , use rufus software , make to bootable pendrive, then bot with that pendriver, disable secure boot , enable csm n bios menu

sammy_2507
Star I

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113269#Comment_113269

Its really terrible to watch like type of video, Is your model laptop is comes intel or amd processor?

i always install drivers from driver manufacturer website , not from asus.

also i suspecting fully driver fault with windows os settings.

to know real hardware isse , i would recommend you use linux ubantu live os , then play the video , check the problems.

take 64gb pendrive , download ubantu live os .iso , use rufus software , make to bootable pendrive, then bot with that pendriver, disable secure boot , enable csm n bios menu

View post
CPU : Intel Core i5 8265U
GPU : Intel UHD 620 and NVIDIA MX230
RAM : 8 GB
ROM : 512GB SSD

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
sammy_2507

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113339#Comment_113339

CPU : Intel Core i5 8265U

GPU : Intel UHD 620 and NVIDIA MX230

RAM : 8 GB

ROM : 512GB SSD

View post
good. now check with ubantu live 64bit os.