This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can't hear me on the other side of the phone when using 4G 3G or 2G - ZS600KL

dj_engine1
Star I
Hello..

I had to send my phone for warranty since nobody can hear me good on the other side of the phone.
The mic works perfectly on voicememo and recording whatsapp messages.
So when i call people they tell me that they hear me underwater or they hear me stuttering or hear nothing at all.
I have a cheaper samsung phone and use the same sim card and i have 0 issues people hearing me.
And no i am not placing my fingers on the mic and i had to remove the original casing for nothing from asus zentalk employee..
I have started a thread about this and i can't find this one anywhere on this forum, why has this been deleted?!
Many people had the same issue and there was no solution for this either, even new phones were resent and still having the same issue.
Internally must know something about this issue because it was mentioned a lot!
Always downloaded the latest firmware and OS still the same problem.
Now i have to miss this phone for weeks because this has not been tested properly.
Can someone confirm that there is an issue with this 1st gen phone?
Calling should be essential for a phone and this one is no good.
😡

11 REPLIES 11

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi dj_engine1
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. How long have you used the phone before facing the issue?
2. Did the phone break or fall before?
3. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
4. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
5. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
6. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

dj_engine1
Star I
Hello Christine,
1. How long have you used the phone before facing the issue?
Since the phone came out in the Netherlands, so from the beginning it was released. Used the phone with voicememo's and emails because of this issue. I was worried that it was my provider and tested this out a few months later because it was annoying me.
2. Did the phone break or fall before?
Never, no breaks no falls and i had to remove the original cover for this issue. Which i could not place back again because it applies only once. (49,00 euro gone).
3. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
No changes at all, still the same issue.
4. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
I let this phone update to the latest firmware version, till now still having the same problem.
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
Yes, even factory reset does not change anything.
5. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
Also done, same issue. The phone has been sent to an external party to test and they have hired someone externally to check out this issue.. It came back that it was tested, and i still have the same problem. Even when using another simcard and having 4G signal maxed.
6. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
This has been done multiple times already, no changes.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi dj_engine1
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Because you have faced the issue since you received the device, is your device still in warranty?
2. The voice quality in calling relies on the sim signal, and the voice quality in apps calling replies on the Wi-Fi or mobile data. Do you face the issue in different area?
3. Does the issue only persist in Calling but not apps calling?
4. Please change another sim carrier, does the issue remain the same?

If the issue persists, I may need you to collect logs for further checking.

dj_engine1
Star I
Hello Christine,
1. I still have warranty.
2. Same problem all area with different sim. Using this phone global.
3. Only calling when dialing numbers in contact list. With apps i have 0 issues calling.
4. Already tried 2 different sim providers, still the same issue.
I already did the collect logs, and nothing was found. I was told to install an app then call en close app then send the report. As of now i don't have the phone. Any idea of why some post about this are deleted, and is there someone internal that knows about this issue and could reply in private? Then i don't have to wait for another repair again. As i am not waiting to try all the procedures again for it to be deleted.