Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
We have bought the ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FT laptop, described in this URL
www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-ZenBook-15-UX534FT/
which advertises a USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port, with the help of which we hoped that we could use a docking station we purchased (from a third party vendor) for conveniently connecting the laptop to USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB printer, USB camera, Ethernet 1 GigE wire, plus two Dell monitors with VGA and DisplayPort connections and use the laptop as a workstation at the office.
However, the USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port in the ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FT does not seem to give us access to the Ethernet interface or to the dual external displays.
Is this an unfortunate limitation of the USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port in this laptop?
Does ASUS manufacture any docking station we could purchase for this ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FT laptop that would allow us to achieve our purpose or connecting it to:
USB keyboard,
USB mouse,
USB printer,
USB webcam,
Ethernet 1 GigE wire,
plus two Dell monitors with VGA and DisplayPort connections (also supporting DVI)
Thank you for your help.
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello RF,
The USB C port on this model supports Data transmission and power out only.
So USB devices and Ethernet should be working.
Another information for your reference is that UX534FT is able to connect to Ethernet with our ASUS Universal Dock and Simpro Dock.
Thank you.

RF
Star I
Hello Blake_ASUS and thank you for your answer.
That is nice to hear that Ethernet should work, I will try again on this side.
Regarding external screens, I understand that the 2 docks you suggested "ASUS Universal Dock and Simpro Dock", though they can take video input, would not help us to obtain anything video related with this laptop since they both connect to it via USB C port, and the USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port in the ASUS ZenBook 15 UX534FT would still fail to send any video output through it. Right?
Is there any way (through a dock or any other way) I can connect this laptop to two external monitors? The user of this laptop would like one of the external screens to be his main screen and the second extending the first. The laptop screen would not be used while docked.
Unless I am mistaken, the laptop only has one HDMI interface...

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello RF,
The USB C port does not support display, so no matter which dock it is connected to, it doesn't work.
If you really want to make it work, you might need to find a dongle that contains "external graphic card".
But we would not guarantee the performance of this kind of accessories.
Thank you.

RF
Star I
Thanks a lot Blake_ASUS, you have been very helpful and clear.