ASUS ZENFONE MAX PRO M2 SEPTEMBER 12 UPDATE BATTERT ISSUE

MiralMiral Level 1
edited October 2020 in ZenFone Max Pro Series

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: MAX PRO M2 6 GB RAM VERSION
  2. Firmware Version: 16.2017.2009.097-20200826
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every 30mins

My phone battery is jumping from 70% to 30% to switches off itself and when i plug it back in it goes from low to directly 70%. phone doesnt work for more than 30 mins to hour. this is happening after installing the latests FOTA security patch on the september 12th. please provide a fix as soon as possible my phone is unusable right now in this condition. also i dont think this is good for my battery health

========================================

Comments

• Do a battery calibration by following the instructions below

1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
    2. Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
    3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
    4. Unplug your charger.
    5. Turn your phone on.

I think this will solve the issue.

• hey i tried to do that multiple times but once it turns off i cant get it to turn on to do the STEP:2 . i plug it in to turn on and try to drain but it directly goes from 40-50% to zero to off

• Download the previous stable build and install it. It will wipe all your data so do take a backup. And after that never ever install any update from asus. Thank you.

• After this update,dark theme not working.

• Not getting any update

• Bro your phone's battery is totally damaged you need to replace it with the new battery. Only it is the way to fix this issue.... I have faced this issue in many phones like Xolo q1010i, Moto g4 Plus, Redmi4 and Poco f1....

Just go to Asus service center and replace your phone's battery..

• How can I direct vedio call with out any app in asus zenfone max pro m1??

• ASUS not give native Video calling. We only push Google Duo app for in terms of business.

• Hi, we suggest you to please visit the nearest ASUS service center for better assistance. Locate here : https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

• Well I am getting very good battery backup but for those who are facing the issue I suggest them to dry out the battery completely and charge it to100% without any disturbance or do not open your mobile.

It might work for you

I have achieved even 12 hrs Screen on Time by this method only.

And yes one of the coment about replacing the battery is also correct because it seems that your battery may be damaged due to some technical or physical issue.

So better you try 1st method for 2-3 times or you replace your battery.

• Issue is due to software .

Please visit Asus service center and told them to reinstall same software version.

They doing properly by flashing device.

Then check,

I hope that their is no need to replace battery.

If device dropped or pressed by pocket,battery touching to battery cover inbuilt.

So solution is only visit Asus service center.

• My ASUS Zenfone max pro m1 battery bulged and got the same issue. After i replaced the battery and now working fine.

• I am on "PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2002.073-20200219" this version since a long time and not updating any further updates because of that motherboard problem....

My problem is that when i updated to this version in past the dark mode is working properly....then i reseted my phone and than the dark mode is not working properly when i enable the dark mode from developer option for 2-3 minutes it stay to dark mode in all the apps but than it automatically gets disable...i have tried dark mode apps also its condition is same...what to do

And sould i update to the next version?

• Is this version safe to install? I'm confused if the issue is the build software or the damaged battery by the OP. I especially don't want to get into the hassle of backing up, clearing and reinstalling for a version that was faulty to begin with.

I appreciate any clarifications.

• If your phone is working fine then don't install the update, if your luck goes the wrong way then you may not be able to recover the battery.

• Download newest update firmware asus zenfone max pro m2 can't complete,

So i cant instal update the newest firmware

Just stuck like a picture

How i can fix it?

I already download manual the firmware, but no notification to install,

This discussion has been closed.