Notification LED life span?

Monark
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus 6z(ZS630KL)
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): It's not related to any app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
For about a week now i noticed the green colour of the notification LED alone is not working. Other colours like red and orange are blinking fine.
I usually use green colour for notifications coming via whatsapp but now it is not blinking. I checked by changing other colours for notifications they just blink fine. So, the green part alone is dead.
It's been one year since i bought this phone.
Is this happening to anyone else? Is it a common thing for a specific colour alone to not work?
It would be great if someone suggest a app to test this😀
12 REPLIES 12

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Monark

1. Model Name: asus 6z(ZS630KL)
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): It's not related to any app

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

For about a week now i noticed the green colour of the notification LED alone is not working. Other colours like red and orange are blinking fine.

I usually use green colour for notifications coming via whatsapp but now it is not blinking. I checked by changing other colours for notifications they just blink fine. So, the green part alone is dead.

Is this happening to anyone else? Is it a common thing for a specific colour alone to not work?

LED Color Tester - Apps on Google Playthere are tons of apps in playstore

Monark
Zen Master I
Thanks for your help guys i will check and post the results here👍

chaithanya_gcha
Rising Star I
Monark

1. Model Name: asus 6z(ZS630KL)
  2. Firmware Version: 17.1810.2009.176
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): It's not related to any app

Since August security patch update I noticed notification led doesn't blink for whatsapp msgs as you mentioned. But a restart seems to solve this. But not frequently though same problem happens again.

Monark
Zen Master I
chaithanya.gchaithanya.g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35465/notification-led-life-span

Since August security patch update I noticed notification led doesn't blink for whatsapp msgs as you mentioned. But a restart seems to solve this. But not frequently though same problem happens again.

View post
I also have the same doubt it is not working properly after .171 update.
You can't have yellow without green because yellow is red + green.
As VS-KR said the notification light is good i think it's related to software issue. I also attached a video below.