This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Genie Streaming

deekjx
Star II
Has anyone tried streaming to twitch with Game Genie? I can only get it to stream for about 5 seconds and then it basically stops. I've tested a variety of games. PUBG, Chess, Go, and RetroArch. None of them work for more than 5 seconds. I've even tried lowering the settings and nothing helps. It doesn't appear to be a power issue at all.

It streams using Streamlabs flawlessly so the IRL stuff is works great.
17 REPLIES 17

mervynpaulparon
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112460#Comment_112460

Thanks for the screenshot of the error. The preventing of network switch is there in case you are switching between WIFI and mobile data depending on which signal is stronger. If you did switch, that would stop your stream.

The screenshot of the error suggest you are running out of disk space or memory. Can you open Game Genie while in the game and have Real Time Info on so you can see the usage of the memory?

I will download the game and try too and reproduce the error you are getting since I have the same phone spec as you.

Does screen record only work? (without Youtube) or does it give you the same error?

View post
I can do screen recording without interruption. I just recorded a lot yesterday. It only happens when I do Live from Armoury Crate. As comparison, it doesn't happen using Facebook gaming app to stream live.
When I start streaming, I'm not able to access the Game Genie/Armoury Crate by swiping from the side. Not sure if it's normal.
The error is really odd.

mervynpaulparon
Star II
In addition, I just noticed that the stream has a limit of 9 minutes. I'll try streaming at 720p, see if it will increase duration and if upload rate(3-5mbps) hinders my stream. All I can see is the app saving the video real time and uploading it at the same time. But that's just me. Hopefully, this can be fixed.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mervynpaulparone

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112469#Comment_112469

I can do screen recording without interruption. I just recorded a lot yesterday. It only happens when I do Live from Armoury Crate. As comparison, it doesn't happen using Facebook gaming app to stream live.

When I start streaming, I'm not able to access the Game Genie/Armoury Crate by swiping from the side. Not sure if it's normal.

The error is really odd.

View post
I too can't get to the Game Genie toolbar when streaming. In order to get the real-time info bar up, ensure you have this enabled before streaming.
Furthermore, I have launched apps left right and centre so that it uses memory, but still was not able to get the issue you're getting after 9 minutes of streaming on YouTube.
Do let us know how you get on with 720p as I was doing the highest quality, though I have a 90mb download and 20 mb upload speed (even though I paid for 100mb download speed).
Also, do get the real-time info bar up before streaming (you might want to do a private stream using link) so that you can test it out.
Also, is it a problem with another game?

mervynpaulparon
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112484#Comment_112484

I too can't get to the Game Genie toolbar when streaming. In order to get the real-time info bar up, ensure you have this enabled before streaming.

Furthermore, I have launched apps left right and centre so that it uses memory, but still was not able to get the issue you're getting after 9 minutes of streaming on YouTube.

Do let us know how you get on with 720p as I was doing the highest quality, though I have a 90mb download and 20 mb upload speed (even though I paid for 100mb download speed).

Also, do get the real-time info bar up before streaming (you might want to do a private stream using link) so that you can test it out.

Also, is it a problem with another game?

View post
I think I got it right. It's not happening when I stream at 720p which means it's possible the app gets memory full given my upload rate. I just streamed for 58 minutes earlier. But not sure if it's how this works.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mervynpaulparone

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112941#Comment_112941

I think I got it right. It's not happening when I stream at 720p which means it's possible the app gets memory full given my upload rate. I just streamed for 58 minutes earlier. But not sure if it's how this works.

View post
That's good to know @mervynpaulparone
I cant replicate it with the 1080p resolution, so even I don't know if this is expected.
Do you have alot of disk space like me? Like, I haven't even used half of the disk yet.
@Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS