ashivanand72
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 2
Firmware Version:17.0240.2007.27
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: switching off continuously
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've been using this phone since December 2019.. Initially it was good but after a month the issues started. First the camera got dust in it which I didn't notice at the start. I visited the service centre at Andheri East more than thrice for this issue . After this issue was solved ... Then during this Quarantine I've been facing this new issue of my phone getting continuously switching off while gaming, normally scrolling , talking on phone ... It's really frustrating and disappointed because I didn't have any asus phone before ,this was my 1st asus phone . I could've bought a OnePlus 7t at lesser price because all the phones which I had were OnePlus ..but I trusted this company and I'm really disappointed. I will not suggest anyone to buy Asus because of these issues which I faced and also for the firmware updates which are late.. I will suggest you all to buy OnePlus instead, because they have all this and a good customer care service too.
3 REPLIES 3

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @ashivanand72,
Auto switch off is a known issue and we already have a fix for the same.
Can you try visiting the service center for the same?
If you are facing any issues with service do revert to me.

abhip1986
Rising Star I
Hi @ARP_ASUS
I went to the service center for the other Charging port being loose issue and they asked me to keep the phone for 7 days which is not acceptable.
This is a brand new phone and we see everyday a lot of issues coming up. This is corona situation so its not easy for us to go the service center. I hope FOTA updates should atleast fix the software issues and if its a known issue then ASUS service center would have told me. I was not aware of this.

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
ARP_ASUS

Hi @ashivanand72,

Auto switch off is a known issue and we already have a fix for the same.

Can you try visiting the service center for the same?

If you are facing any issues with service do revert to me.

View post
What kind of fix are we talking about? HW or a SW fix?