cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caddy get power cut when booting on battery and others

System:
Battery or AC: X555-48
Model: ASUS X555Q
Frequency of occurrence: When I boot my laptop using battery and restart from Manjaro Linux
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
So recently I have buy an SSD, change my optical disk drive with HDD caddy with the HHD I have. And I face several issue
When I restart my laptop in Linux Manjaro, I heard the HDD power has been cutted (You know, the sound of a HDD when you force turn off your laptop). But it does not apply in Windows
When I try to boot my laptop using the battery (Without connecting my laptop to an external power), I heard the HDD power has been cutted and after a few seconds the machine starts running
I have read some article that mentions the negative impact from cutting a power from HDD and I don't want it happen to my HDD. Do you know what's the cause of my problem? And how do I fix it?
1 REPLY 1

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
andra.antariksa
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC: X555-48
  3. Model: ASUS X555Q
  4. Frequency of occurrence: When I boot my laptop using battery and restart from Manjaro Linux
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

So recently I have buy an SSD, change my optical disk drive with HDD caddy with the HHD I have. And I face several issue

1. When I restart my laptop in Linux Manjaro, I heard the HDD power has been cutted (You know, the sound of a HDD when you force turn off your laptop). But it does not apply in Windows
  2. When I try to boot my laptop using the battery (Without connecting my laptop to an external power), I heard the HDD power has been cutted and after a few seconds the machine starts running

I have read some article that mentions the negative impact from cutting a power from HDD and I don't want it happen to my HDD. Do you know what's the cause of my problem? And how do I fix it?

Caddy get power cut when booting on battery and others
I suspect that HDD caddy is the main problem and also HDD slot is not properly seated in HDD caddy slot.