cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent crashes and device auto toggling airplane mode

daveamol
Star II
So the phone goes into a loop of doing the following since past few days -
- Keep toggling airplane mode. The button does not toggle but WiFi and sim networks toggle
- The phone then keeps restarting for 5 minutes straight.
How can I report or debug this issue ? Any help would be appreciated

13 REPLIES 13

daveamol
Star II
But the device goes in a restart loop after this so it will be pretty hard to verify. Let me give it a try and see though. Also I'm assuming you meant cpu-z, correct ?

ankur_kar
Star III
This is a issue being faced my many. You will find so many threads discussing this same issue. Apparently started after the latest update (the version thats on ur phone) and the authorized service center told me its a hardware issue. ASUS should provide a replacement or full refund because hardware issues are coming in their phones within few weeks of purchase. Very disappointing service from ASUS end. 

daveamol
Star II
ankur.kar said:
This is a issue being faced my many. You will find so many threads discussing this same issue. Apparently started after the latest update (the version thats on ur phone) and the authorized service center told me its a hardware issue. ASUS should provide a replacement or full refund because hardware issues are coming in their phones within few weeks of purchase. Very disappointing service from ASUS end. 
Yes I'm seeing this all over the forums. I've requested for a pickup from service center but I'm not sure how long will it take

daveamol
Star II
I've been barely able to record the temps on the device when it restarts due to overheating. But I'm also just seeing constant restarts literally for the last hour even after the phone is now cooled down. I could send a video if I could but I don't have another device to record it. 
Here are some screenshots for the temps when phone charged and started restarting - 
0vwa0yy15mzl.jpgmrk4rez4npma.jpg

daveamol
Star II
These are the idle temperatures when phone doesn't restart so much
Image_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_n8_m1git4sl6alv.jpg