Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: NA
Model: UX430UA-DH74
Frequency of occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I bought an UX430UA-DH74. I have had some wake up from sleep issues and battery overcharging - gets real hot. In most of the "check first" helps is check for latest BIOS. I have a "308" version that should be in an UX430UAR. I should have a "307" since I have an UX430UA. Bios 307 will not load. How can I determine the right BIOS?
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
use system information.
or
type
dxdiag.exe in command prompt

jmason
Star I
Thaks for the reply. I did and it seems to inform me I have an UX430UAR with it's appropriate BIOS - 308. I think that the BIOS hijacks any inquiries. Maybe ASUS will tell me what I should expect if I gave them my laptops serial number - have not tried that yet - I'm out of warranty. The tag on the bottom indicates UX430U. I bought a UX430UA-DH74. All works well with this BIOS except for sleep and battery overheating while in sleep. So far my fix is never let it sleep -- always turn off.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jmason

Thaks for the reply. I did and it seems to inform me I have an UX430UAR with it's appropriate BIOS - 308. I think that the BIOS hijacks any inquiries. Maybe ASUS will tell me what I should expect if I gave them my laptops serial number - have not tried that yet - I'm out of warranty. The tag on the bottom indicates UX430U. I bought a UX430UA-DH74. All works well with this BIOS except for sleep and battery overheating while in sleep. So far my fix is never let it sleep -- always turn off.

View post
type below commands in cmd with admin rights , results will be stored in C:\ zip all the files and uploadin online storage , paste the link here
PowerCfg.exe /ENERGY -output C:\Energy-Report13-09-2020.html /duration 240
PowerCfg.exe /BATTERYREPORT -output C:\Battery-Report13-09-2020.html /duration 14
PowerCfg.exe /SLEEPSTUDY -output C:\Sleepstudy-Report13-09-2020.html /duration 14
PowerCfg.exe /SYSTEMSLEEPDIAGNOSTICS -output C:\systemsleepdiagnostics-report13-09-2020.html /duration 14
PowerCfg.exe /SYSTEMPOWERREPORT -output C:\Systempower-Report13-09-2020.html /duration 14
PowerCfg.exe /SRUMUTIL -output C:\Srumutil-Report13-09-2020.html 

jmason
Star I
Having trouble dropping online storage link. I get a "You have to be around a little longer to ...". Thanks anyway -- I'm am learning a lot.