This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port temperature abnormalities

OPC
Zen Master II
As the title suggest I got the notification saying that my USB port temperature is too high, that I should unplug the charger and take phone to Asus service center. The thing is it happened while I was playing Asphalt 9, with no charger plugged in. Instead the Aeroactive Cooler was attached.
I cannot dismiss this notification and I have the red led light blinking all the time. What shall I do? The video is attached

29 REPLIES 29

Radhe
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112178#Comment_112178

It takes a while because Play Store will try to update itself to the latest. I have managed to do it on the same day. Sounds like you're not getting that.

The only thing I can suggest about your pictures if you did lose them from the backup, check Google Photos have them, but this assumes you had it on.

View post
so how did you do the back up? maybe i did different, so when i got the USB Temperature Warning, i went to setting and i saw back up to google drive, and then i did, it took like 2-4 minutes. and then when i check google drive it shows, ASUS_1001DC backup, app data 72 apps, i checked the all apps and it was what i had in my phone before doing the backup. but when i do the factory reset, i login with email which i back up from, but it doesn't do the back up. not even 1 apps. maybe this is not the worry, before doing the backup i took screen shot of all the apps. so maybe i can re download it but idk what happened with the charger, its not charging. and idk what the hell is USB Temperature warning. i try to charge using the computer but Asus rog charger that i use doesn't connect to computer but its not USB, so i will buy new charger from amazon and try charging if it still doesn't work then RIP. will move to Iphone

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mssagar230

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112182#Comment_112182

so how did you do the back up? maybe i did different, so when i got the USB Temperature Warning, i went to setting and i saw back up to google drive, and then i did, it took like 2-4 minutes. and then when i check google drive it shows, ASUS_1001DC backup, app data 72 apps, i checked the all apps and it was what i had in my phone before doing the backup. but when i do the factory reset, i login with email which i back up from, but it doesn't do the back up. not even 1 apps. maybe this is not the worry, before doing the backup i took screen shot of all the apps. so maybe i can re download it but idk what happened with the charger, its not charging. and idk what the hell is USB Temperature warning. i try to charge using the computer but Asus rog charger that i use doesn't connect to computer but its not USB, so i will buy new charger from amazon and try charging if it still doesn't work then RIP. will move to Iphone

View post
It's during the setup screen after you factory reset (where it is dark and orange). After you have an internet connection and then login onto Google, it would ask you to restore. So don't skip the setup screen to get to the home screen quickly. You will need to take time reading it to find it.
I don't use the 30w charger provided because I don't need it charging quickly as I charge mine overnight with Battery Care active.
iPhones are very good, suprised you changed it to be honest. But it is new and something to try but it is bad you're having bad experience now.

Radhe
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112185#Comment_112185

It's during the setup screen after you factory reset (where it is dark and orange). After you have an internet connection and then login onto Google, it would ask you to restore. So don't skip the setup screen to get to the home screen quickly. You will need to take time reading it to find it.

I don't use the 30w charger provided because I don't need it charging quickly as I charge mine overnight with Battery Care active.

iPhones are very good, suprised you changed it to be honest. But it is new and something to try but it is bad you're having bad experience now.

View post
yes maybe it was my mistake to use 30w charger, i don't need faster charger. i should of buy different charger. im going to buy new charger for this phone and if it still doesn't work then there nothing i can do. if i give them to fix it will probably take forever. i need phone rn. i don't have other phones. i might just have to use computer. i have ordered new charger from amazon, i will give it a try and if it works then will use that charger instead of this one. if not then never buying asus rog. stick to iPhone. i still don't know if its the problem with charger or phone. it says remover usb cable and charger, so it might be problem with the charger.

Ramses
Star III
mssagar230

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112173#Comment_112173

it shows last backup i did was in yesterday, september 11, but when i restore after factory reset, nothing happens, it doesn't download the apps, so it means i probably have to download everything, probably lost all my pictures too. this is soo sad for big company like this have issue with stupid charger being burnt or something. it says to go to service center, like wtf. service center near me is Philadelphia, Pennsylvanian, who want to travel this far just for them to checkup up this. I give of this shit, i will just have to use iphone 6 now, its has not even been 5-6 months and already this problem. idk how this is fking great phone. Probably go back to Iphone 11 or buy new phone 12. Asus you are worst.

View post
Yep, this phone is expensive and with only 7 months of use this happen. With the customer service I decided to go with other brand for my PC rig. And might as well choose a different brand for smartphone in the future. No active moderators here and same with their service centers.

Radhe
Star II
Ramses

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112178#Comment_112178

Yep, this phone is expensive and with only 7 months of use this happen. With the customer service I decided to go with other brand for my PC rig. And might as well choose a different brand for smartphone in the future. No active moderators here and same with their service centers.

View post
so same thing happened with your phone too? did it says USB Temperature Warning? so you buy the new charger and it started working? mine it says USB Temperature warning so it didn't charge and have not charging since 1-2 days and its at 3% battery, tried on charging PC through USB but forgot this hyper charger doesn't have cable to charge on PC, maybe it will work on laptop but not computer, so i have ordered new charger, i still don't know if the problem is charger or phone, if it work with the charger i ordered form amazon then good, or else im moving to iPhone like i was before.