ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

__incisionAU
Star II
Averan

Pretty normal for high hz OLEDs in my opinion

Black crush can be seen on almost all OLEDs even 60hz ones but it's more evident on high hz phones due to the calibration on higher hz panels

View post
Not really bro the asusrog2 is 120hz and doesn't have black crush like the rog3

gfg59204
Star III
athandevitsakis

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103673#Comment_103673

Not really bro the asusrog2 is 120hz and doesn't have black crush like the rog3

View post
@Averanyep
@Averan :Instead of thinking of a solution to the problem, it is only talking about other companies like Samsung (which solved its problem with the green screen) and OnePlus I can return my phone and take my money because the warranty from the store itself is not from asus but I am waiting for the action No cheap marketing method

jayesh_sugand
Star II
Guess it is a hardware panel issue as none of the admins have confirmed otherwise till now. It's been very long since the phone has been launched however no one from Asus has cleared whether it is panel issue or software. No response is also a response. They're only finding a work around but surely it is hardware problem that we who bought will have to live with. Potential buyers must avoid this phone.

Noix
Rising Star II
I paid 999 euros for a phone that I can't watch videos, and I'm starting to believe this is hardware problem they only talk about an improvement in the next fota, I can't believe that they sell this phone at this price with this issue.

gfg59204
Star III
jayesh.sugand

Guess it is a hardware panel issue as none of the admins have confirmed otherwise till now. It's been very long since the phone has been launched however no one from Asus has cleared whether it is panel issue or software. No response is also a response. They're only finding a work around but surely it is hardware problem that we who bought will have to live with. Potential buyers must avoid this phone.

View post
screenshot-20200911-182019478.jpg
See this update only ww/India That was the early version of the phone
exclude RU/JP In which the phone is released in late
Does it make me doubt that Asus has released the hardware in India and that you want to fix it through a software and you don't want to affect the peaceful phones that come out late