This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 Tencent Version

xMatsx
Star I
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this and sorry if this one has been posted before. I've been seeing alot tencent version of the ROG phone 3 Global ROM in various market places. Heck, even the official Asus store in Aliexpress is also selling them.
Can anyone of the mods here confirm if the PSA from ROG Phone 2 applies to ROG Phone 3 as well? TIA!

24 REPLIES 24

I have a question and I am hoping Asus will answer, are the Tencent version phones a knock off version and not the REAL Asus Rog phone?

p_o_dupuis
Star II
cherriebellomy22

I have a question and I am hoping Asus will answer, are the Tencent version phones a knock off version and not the REAL Asus Rog phone?

View post
It a partnership with asus. Search on google asus rog phone 3 tencent version.
Here is what the first website say '' Asus will reveal the Rog Phone 3 in partnership with Tencent, the two companies announced on Weibo. The launch will take place in July, although an exact date is yet to be announced. The phone will have a version deeply customized by Tencent , just like the predecessor ROG Phone II. ''

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
cherriebellomy22

View post
They are ASUS ROG Phones intended for the Chinese market, sold in collaboration with Tencent.
If you have a Tencent-branded device with WW firmware, you have an unsupported configuration. We can't guarantee it will work as expexcted, which is why we recommend you contact your reseller about a refund.

xihe
Rising Star II
This is self explanatory. Malaysia version is the same as global set.
116428010-1104257549970656-5064103688405472648-n.jpg

Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111862#Comment_111862

They are ASUS ROG Phones intended for the Chinese market, sold in collaboration with Tencent.

If you have a Tencent-branded device with WW firmware, you have an unsupported configuration. We can't guarantee it will work as expexcted, which is why we recommend you contact your reseller about a refund.

View post
They wont refund me unless I prove its not an actual Asus Rog Phone they are passing it off as the real deal