This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 unlocks with fingerprints which are not even registered on the phone!!!!!!

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.58
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always!!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android System security(in settings menu)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS@Titan_ASUS@Laura_ASUS@Anders_ASUS
The face-Unlock unlocks the phone with my face only, BUT, The fingerprint unlocks the phone whoever touches the fingerprint sensor area. It displays "no match" but it unlocks the phone anyway. I have only registered my right hand thumb impression but the phone unlocks with all my 10 Fingers, even when I wear thin rubber gloves!!!! My dad tried opening and it opens, same applies to every member of my family!!!
I guess the software for fingerprint is glitched or not working with the sensor because the face unlock is working perfectly and the phone is also working excellent, which is more than i expected after reading the customer review. Please solve this issue as it is the only issue i have faced with this phone and it is quite a major security problem for everyone!!!
7 REPLIES 7

aasim.coolbuddy

I think it opens up by face unlock instead of fingerprint. Please ask them to take the phone away from you and try to open it with their fingerprint.

View post
I also thought that it is the culprit, but then, i covered the top of the phone with the box in which the phone came and tried unlocking it, and guess what, voila the phone unlocks!!!!

Melqui
Zen Master I
LOL. OMG Asus, OMG

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@anish.aryancutie28 I have sent a PM with instructions on how to log your device.