This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Legend running on 120fps

madshark_inx
Star I
I had just updated my ROG Phone 2 OS yesterday. Previously i am able to run my Mobile Legend at 120fps. Now i could only run it at 60fps. Is there any solution to this?
6 REPLIES 6

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Dkz89

In android 9 you can always force the game 120fps. after update A10 we can't do that anymore. Even if is cap by developer in android 9 we always able to force it. But not in A10. There sure something going on with asus remove it. @Anders_ASUS I know because i downgrade back to a9 and it's able to force run at 120fps. So even is developer cap it at 60fps in a9 we still able to force it

View post
The reasons I can think forced fps is removed is because:
It gives ROG 2 a higher advantage to other players playing on a low refresh rate. This means the developer or company will stop making the device compatible.
The other reason is that there is no use. The screen might be refreshing at 120 frames per second, but the game still repaints/refresh itself at 60 frames. So the phone is actually consuming more power than it should as it is doing 2x the work as it should.

Dkz89
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/110846#Comment_110846

The reasons I can think forced fps is removed is because:

It gives ROG 2 a higher advantage to other players playing on a low refresh rate. This means the developer or company will stop making the device compatible.

The other reason is that there is no use. The screen might be refreshing at 120 frames per second, but the game still repaints/refresh itself at 60 frames. So the phone is actually consuming more power than it should as it is doing 2x the work as it should.

View post
I agree with your first reason but 2nd reason is no because I can totally feel the different between. 60 and 120fps can try yourself.