This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, HDMI port does not use Nvidia Mx250 but intel UHD, trying to run 5120x1440 DUOux481FL

Seevip2
Star I
System: Asus Zenbook Duo UX481FL
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hi Everyone,
I have to manually reconnect the HDMI cable when the computer restarts to ensure I get 5120x1440 working (only at 29hz)
Otherwise the computer will start at a random resolution that is 1080 or 4k. It is strange that it changes all of the time.

Even when I am running it at 5120x1440 it is using Intel UHD, how can I change this to Nvidia MX250?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Seevip2,
The maximum resolution and frequency that the HDMI on this device exports is 1920x1080 @ 60Hz,
and it is using the Intel VGA card to export.
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Seevip2
  1. System: Asus Zenbook Duo UX481FL
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Hi Everyone,

I have to manually reconnect the HDMI cable when the computer restarts to ensure I get 5120x1440 working (only at 29hz)

Otherwise the computer will start at a random resolution that is 1080 or 4k. It is strange that it changes all of the time.

Even when I am running it at 5120x1440 it is using Intel UHD, how can I change this to Nvidia MX250?

Thanks

Need help, HDMI port does not use Nvidia Mx250 but intel UHD, trying to run 5120x1440 DUOux481FL
in laptop, you cannot change dedicated gpu for external display.
by the intel processor manufacturing limitations applied and stored in processor