This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing "Some functions cannot be used, please restart the application or the computer" in MyASUS

BNibir
Star I
I am having issues in MyASUS app. Because of this I am not able to use any hot keys such as pressing f2 and f3 for volume changes and so on. Not able to activate any features in MyASUS such as eye care, Battery charging mode, True to life etc. I tried restarting my PC and repair, reset and reinstalling the app and it didn't work. Searched in online for help, found something which says to update the driver "ASUS system control interference V2". Tried updating it but it was already updated. No pending windows updates😔
Device name and model: ASUS VivoBook S15 S531FL
I am having this issue from 8 Sep 2020. It was all okay when I used my laptop and normally shut it down. But after couple of hours when I turned it on I am having this issue.
PLEASE HELP ME😭
20 REPLIES 20

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello BNibir,
Please uninstall MyASUS APP.
Then update "ASUS System Control Interface V2" driver.
Then install MyASUS App from Microsoft store.
Thank you.

Mikko
Star I
Hi. I have done this, reverted it to the previous driver, and also updated the driver again. All three attempts did not work. I am still seeing this message on top of the Home page of MyASUS. Any other troubleshooting steps I can perform? Otherwise I will just remove this app altogether. I do not wish to reset my Windows just for this app.
image.png

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mikko,
Please uninstall My ASUS
then reinstall or update "ASUS System control interface V2"
then install MyASUS back.
Thank you.

timlytle
Star I
I love the idea and the simplicity of those steps - but they simply didn't work. I tried 2 versions of drivers, numerous reboots at every steps - total uninstall of the Control Interface. No dice. Still have the annoying "Some things may not function......" banner on the MyAsus application. All this after a fresh install of Win10, all of the drivers....etc. Everything works great - except Asus' app. 😞