This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any possibility removing the Speed Cap set on Max Pro M2 660 soc in A10?

mauvin11
Rising Star II
The Snapdragon 660 in Max Pro M2 is not being used to its max potential (i.e 2.0 ghz) which slows down the device. Any possibility asus will remove the speed cap in upcoming major Android 10 update?
9 REPLIES 9

mauvin11
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi mauvin11

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?

2. Kindly stay in the same place with the stable Internet to compare Android 9 and Android 10.

3. What is your current firmware version and your COD version? Please update to the latest version.

Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number

4. Please try "the Factory Reset", and re-install COD. Does the issue remain the same? 

Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the issue persists after performing the Factory Reset, please provide me a issue duplicating video recorded by another device for further checking.

View post
This issue cant be investigated by me on A10 because I did not try the A10 beta. However Please look into fix for the volte issue many users have been complaining for a very long time now. @Christine_ASUS You are our only hope.

Here's the thread link

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30152/the-airtel-volte-bug-update

Riju9547
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi mauvin11

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?

2. Kindly stay in the same place with the stable Internet to compare Android 9 and Android 10.

3. What is your current firmware version and your COD version? Please update to the latest version.

Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number

4. Please try "the Factory Reset", and re-install COD. Does the issue remain the same? 

Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the issue persists after performing the Factory Reset, please provide me a issue duplicating video recorded by another device for further checking.

View post
He meant that the clock speed of SD 660 in ZB630KL is under clocked at 2.0 Ghz.. but the actual clock speed of that processor is 2.2 Ghz. so he is asking if it is possible or not to remove the limitation of clock speed in the upcoming A10 stable update so that ZB630KL can run SD 660 at 2.2 Ghz

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Riju9547
Thank you for your reply. May you elaborate the *clock speed more? Where do you find ZB630KL is under clocked at 2.0 Ghz? Can you provide me any screenshot for further checking?
If the issue only happens in specific apps, please try "the Factory Reset" and re-install the apps first.

Riju9547
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi Riju9547

Thank you for your reply. May you elaborate the *clock speed more? Where do you find ZB630KL is under clocked at 2.0 Ghz? Can you provide me any screenshot for further checking?

If the issue only happens in specific apps, please try "the Factory Reset" and re-install the apps first.

View post
Actually there is no issues regarding this matter ASUS just used SD 660 and locked the clock speed at 1.95Ghz. whereas other brands provided the same prosessor at 2.2Ghz. Because of that the above person is just asking if this is possible (to run on 2.2Ghz) or not.... Asus did this to maintain the device temperature and we dont have any particular problem regarding this. We just need a bug free stable OS which asus always failed to provide us. I hope we get a Stable Android 10 OS with least bug.
Thank you
screenshot-20200911-080520.png
screenshot-20200911-080610.png

The screenshot regarding the matter is attached below

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Riju9547
The CPU performance is based on the stability of the device. After checking, the CPU of your device is in normal behavior. Thank you for your continued support and patronage.