Slow Charging and Schedule Charging is not working as Expected

JaganmohanJaganmohan Level 2
edited October 2020 in ROG Phone 3

Hello there

I have just purchased ROG 3.So my problem is that my ROG Phone 3's power master function doesn't work. After selecting slow charging option in batter care, when I plug my phone to charger, hyper charge icon appears and my phone charges so fast . And my phone heats like Frying Pan. Even schedule charging doesn't work. Its keep on charging full night even though I scheduled for 12:00 AM to 4:00 PM . I want to know if any one facing the same issue. Kindly let me know your thoughts

Comments

• Yes, even though slow charging is on, hypercharge is shown in the screen and charging is also fast.. too many bugs.

• See hypercharge icon at the bottom, eventhough slow charging is on..

• JaganmohanJaganmohan Level 2
    edited August 2020

Thanks for the reply. So it is a Bug. Asus Dev team need to fix this.

• Yes folks... I'm also facing the same thing.

@Anders_ASUS

can you check this one out..

• Yep I have noticed this after the lastest software update. It charges so fast in even slow charge mode.

• I am also facing same issue

• Hi sjaganmohanbe,

Please let me know below things:

1. Time taken from 0 to 100, when you select slow charging.
    2. While schedule charge do you mean you keep schedule charge from 12AM to 4AM and still its charging beyond that timeline? What time did you check post 4AM when it was still charging and what %
    3. What's your current software version? Go to setting => About => Software information.
  • For Question 1, Its take around 1 hour 50 minutes for charging from 0 to 100% even if we select slow charging option. In the screen it still shows hypercharge

For Question 2, Post 4 AM it is still shows charging symbol. Phone is cool at that time. I think Charging doesnt happen, Charging symbol showing may be a bug. But we have a conception that, If starting time of schedule is 12:00 AM night the phone should start charge only at 12:00 Am but the phone start charging at 10:00 PM itself if I plug the charger

For Question 3, Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.47

• Same problem here for both slow & scheduled charging.

Firmware: 17.0823.2007.47

• Same problem with me

• You can clearly see the suggested charging indication line is showing the correct time it should take with slow 10w charging available

But it's not working as it should be... This option doesn't slow down charging. It says it will take 2 and half hour to charge the phone but it takes a lot less time ...

• @GaneOjas

The backup you getting is insane.. 100 to 67% in nearly 37 hours !!!

Pls lemme know is it because your ROG 3 isalways connected to wifi for internet?

• GameOjasGameOjas Level 2
    edited September 2020

It's not 100 to 67. I was 100% to 15% then it started charging up to 67%

And I have two phones, so rog 3 isn't getting all the love and time.... I am sure if I use it a lot.... It will come down like crazy.

But yes the standby time is incredible.

These are all the apps I have on phone..

I feel like the more apps and accounts you comment to the phone, faster your battery goes down. They trying to copy your data and Facebook is a must hot have app.

• For me also, slow and schedule charging is not working. When I schedule a time and go back then the time automatically get changed.

• Hi guys,

Anyone noticed in the battery page, it's not showing when you last unplugged the phone.. I charged the phone yesterday but showing 4 days ago.. I'll post a screenshot.. correct me if I am wrong..

• edited September 2020

So I'm not the only one with those problems.

The scheduled charging basically does whatever he wants, if I try to set an hour for the start and the ending, then the phone changes it randomly... If I manage to set the hour I want with slow charging active, than it's start to charge hella fast and arrives at complete charge 2 hours before I setted on the scheduled charging.

Firmware is 17.0823.2007.58

That's frustrating

• manasm.majhimanasm.majhi Level 1
    edited September 2020

Fast charging as well as slow charging both are working try once fast and slow charging and switch off the mobile after charged and then next time u see difference in slow and fast charging...

But scheduled charging programming is not good because if u give 4_5 hrs time for charging also it charges fast , so what's use of giving schedule for 4_5 hrs , in my way it should charge slow as we are givinh prior data and indication ..so according to time constraints it should charge slow or fast ..

So my request to asus fix the problem of scheduled charging otherwise no point keeping it.. @Anders_ASUS

• Hi again,

As for scheduled charging, we're looking into the chosen time period flip-flopping between random values. We'll hopefully have a fix for that issue soon.

We're also looking into slow charging being too fast at the moment.

Thanks,

• Mod please help my phone is not even charging..it's only 15 days old

• Phone heating to 38 degrees even while slow charging is enabled.

This discussion has been closed.