This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on the zenwatch 3

royieraci
Star I
Can you place a call on a zenwatch 3 via WiFi when it has lost it's Bluetooth connectivity if the zenwatch 3 has wifi enabled ?. If you can how ? I have tried and although I can send texts I can't seem to make a pH call . Am I missing something or can you only send texts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Thank you for sharing the information as well! Cheers. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi royieraci
Thank you for your asking. Kindly refer to the picture below as Phone audio guide. Please note that bluetooth must be activated.
image.png
To check WI503Q AUS Manual, please refer to the link below. Thank you.
https://www.asus.com/au/ZenWatch/ASUS-ZenWatch-3-WI503Q/HelpDesk_Manual/

royieraci
Star I
Thanks for your response. I understand how to use by Bluetooth but I thought that when your watch gets to far away from your phone it could continue to make calls using WiFi as the Link between the phone and the watch or am I mistaken?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi royieraci
Thank you for your reply. I understand your question, yet I couldn't find Calling via Wi-Fi related information in the Manual or our official website. Can you provide me the source of this function for further checking?

royieraci
Star I
Hi Christine I have done a bit more research and it seems that the answer is no you can't make or receive calls via WiFi on a smartwatch. I must have misunderstood the original article I read that led me to believe that you could. Thanks for all your efforts thought it is much appreciated kindest regards Roy