This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Airtel VoLte bug update

amazoniel
Star II
Recently I ported over to airtel from Jio , due to obvious network issue. Now what I noticed that data network goes off whenever I face a call , incoming and outgoing both. Moreover the VoLte and VoFi features are not supported for Max pro m2. The next A10 update should fix that. What's the option else??
49 REPLIES 49

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109499#Comment_109499

1. The volte support page of Vodafone and airtel is not been updated since it was created so that is why it doesn't have many companies and newer devices in the list.

2. so if we go by your logic then even iphone 11 should not support volte on airtel because it is not listed on their website.

3. I have volte on my airtel sim since I bought my device. (My previous device did not have volte support)

View post
It is a long prevelent problem. Has been there for a long time.
bgsetty

https://www.airtel.in/volte/ to check VOLTE Compatible Handsets.

Airtel : We would like to inform you that, your handset (Asus I001DE) is not enrolled for VOLTE service.

Firmware version of ASUS ROG Phone II (ZS660KL) is WW-16.0631.1910.44_0

VOLTE Not working with air tel sim India
Yes the airtel and vodafone volte pages have not been edited but at least in their list their is an option called apple or samsung. The 2020 devices haven't been updated. But back in 2018 and 2019 when those pages were created Asus as a brand very much did exist in fact phones such as Max pro m1 and 5z were out too. Vodafone VoLTE page mentions those models. They have at least a brand called Asus on their page. Airtel does not, neither does their system recognize. Back in 2016, when Asus released the first VoLTE patch for Zenfone 2 series. I was using Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE550KL) back then. Had the same problem back then. I assumed that in a year or 2 these will be corrected since Asus was a new player back then. But it did not. The VoLTE pages came in much later in 2017. So it cannot be that Airtel could not update the page in 3 years to include even an old Asus handset even when they included brands like Realme that were formed post 2017.
I am just trying to help you here. Asus and Airtel have some issue I don't know what. But it is an inconvenience for Asus customers who switch their provider to Airtel. Not everyone has a spare Airtel supported VoLTE enabled phone lying around so this is a problem. Thanks!

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
mauvin11

Well let me explain you my exact issue. I am using Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 and I recently ported to Airtel from Vodafone. Volte was working on my vodafone carrier but the moment I inserted my newly ported airtel sim in the device the volte icon was missing and the signal jumped to 2G everytime I got a call. Thinking it was a sim issue I went to Airtel store and replaced it but the issue still exists. The same sim when inserted in One Plus 6 and Moto X4 shows Volte but it's M2 which is not recognising it.

THE VOLTE SWITCH ITSELF GOES MISSING IN THE NETWORK SETTING

Now My friend who is using airtel in his one plus 6 for a year gave me his airtel sim to try in my device and the volte icon appeared in M2! Now it can't be sim fault as I replaced my new sim twice. I dont know exactly what is causing this issue. Asus should definitely get in contact with Airtel India and have this sorted out.

View post
SIM where VoLTE has been pre-activated will show VoLTE on your phone. Airtel SIMs do not come pre-activated with VoLTE like Jio ones. Once you insert your SIM in a Airtel supported handset, the VoLTE services are activated within 5-6 hours from their back-end. So a SIM out of a feature phone or a 3G phone won't support VoLTE as soon as you plug it in. But lets say if you insert a SIM that was using VoLTE already in say a Redmi not 5 pro or a Oneplus 6 will show up as a VoLTE sim in your handset. Once turned on by Airtel, VoLTE is never turned off again until you replace your SIM. Then you got to repeat the process.

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
mauvin11

Well let me explain you my exact issue. I am using Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 and I recently ported to Airtel from Vodafone. Volte was working on my vodafone carrier but the moment I inserted my newly ported airtel sim in the device the volte icon was missing and the signal jumped to 2G everytime I got a call. Thinking it was a sim issue I went to Airtel store and replaced it but the issue still exists. The same sim when inserted in One Plus 6 and Moto X4 shows Volte but it's M2 which is not recognising it.

THE VOLTE SWITCH ITSELF GOES MISSING IN THE NETWORK SETTING

Now My friend who is using airtel in his one plus 6 for a year gave me his airtel sim to try in my device and the volte icon appeared in M2! Now it can't be sim fault as I replaced my new sim twice. I dont know exactly what is causing this issue. Asus should definitely get in contact with Airtel India and have this sorted out.

View post
In oneplus or other phones if the VoLTE switch is appearing for your SIM then there is nothing wrong with the SIM. The trick here is to make the Airtel server believe you are using a supported device. So insert your current SIM in a Oneplus or MI or Samsung. Turn on the VoLTE switch and wait for VoLTE signal to appear on the status bar. May take a few hours. Once that is done, take a few calls with it in the supported device. Once you see the signal is 4G all the time and VoLTE is working, switch it back to M2. It will work now. Thanks!

mauvin11
Rising Star II
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109528#Comment_109528

In oneplus or other phones if the VoLTE switch is appearing for your SIM then there is nothing wrong with the SIM. The trick here is to make the Airtel server believe you are using a supported device. So insert your current SIM in a Oneplus or MI or Samsung. Turn on the VoLTE switch and wait for VoLTE signal to appear on the status bar. May take a few hours. Once that is done, take a few calls with it in the supported device. Once you see the signal is 4G all the time and VoLTE is working, switch it back to M2. It will work now. Thanks!

View post
I will try this method on Moto X4 (which is officially airtel volte supported) and get back to you. Thank you 😊

manish21188
Star I
I have two airtel sim in which one shows VOLTE in the Asus zenfone max pro m1 and other doesn't show. What should I do?