gadiraju
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 17.1810.2008.171
Rooted or not: Never
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

My zenfone 6 camera was working perfectly fine even few minutes before the update. After I updated to 17.1810.2008.171 today, everytime I try to take selfie in Asus stock camera and even in gcam, the camera shakes a bit and throws a pop-up on screen. "Camera cannot be flipped. Please make sure there is nothing obstructing it." It does it 4 times consecutively everytime I try to take selfie. There is no obstruction or anything of that sort. This is very annoying. Please let me know the solution. To me it looks like a software issue.
15 REPLIES 15

Appy
Star I
gadiraju

I tried to factory rest my phone and it went into infinite bootloop now. Cheap low quality phones these are! This will be my last Asus phone. Period!

View post
I am facing the same issue, my ASUS 6Z (Zenfone6) started getting restarted on it's own but not entering to the OS. Getting as 'Powered by android' then 'ASUS' logo and nothing else. Again it shows the 'Powered by android' then 'ASUS' logo....it keeps on repeating but nothing happens and other side the phone gets heated during these multiple trials by the system.

Powered off the device by Selecting 'Turn Off' in 'Recovery Mode'.
If I connected the charging cable, the issue starts again restart restart restart restart restart.........goes on.
I need to remove the charging cable and Power off from the 'Recovery Mode'.
I think one update updated a week ago, the issue started all of sudden today.
I see the version as ''asus/ww_I01wd/asus_i01wd 10/QP1A.190711.005/17.1810.2008.171-0' in the Recovery Mode.
Is there any option to fix with the 'Apply update from SD Card option' ? Kindly help me to resolve this issue. I have very much important data which has to be recovered, that's why I haven't tried 'Wipe Data/Factory Reset' option in Recovery mode.

I see there is an update 'ASUS_I01WD-17.1810.2008.171-kernel-src.tar.gz' released by ASUS on 13-08-2020. Will it fix If I updated this using ''Apply update from SD Card" option ?

Appy
Star I
gadiraju

I tried to factory rest my phone and it went into infinite bootloop now. Cheap low quality phones these are! This will be my last Asus phone. Period!

View post
Is it resolved ? If yes, how it was resolved ? Kindly help me.

Sai_Hithesh
Rising Star II
Please don't take such hard decisions not buying ASUS phone. Try to factory reset your device. And maybe your problem will be solved.

ravitejvuka
Star II
My phone also is having the same issue...I am sick of these issues. Really Asus you are making customers unhappy with your glitches in the updates..

lokesh_s0904200
Rising Star I
gadiraju

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/RKXXQDFQNIDE/vid-20200815-053109-549.mp4

See this! One of the users on telegram posted a video. My phone has the same issue.

View post
There is something screen guard over the camera plz check it by removing that