This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cast option changed, can't find device discovery menu, can't cast to displays.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
UPDATE 2: 2nd issue of FireTV stick is resolved, some how I had to toggle "Enable wireless display" option back and forth and it searched for latest devices. And FireTV showed up.
Sorry for worthless tagging, Anders and gustav, for some reason website doesn't allow removing tagged names.
UPDATE:
1) The new "certifications" section was due to I turning on wireless displays certification from dev options.But anyhow settings should not be reset when I leave that page.
2MAJOR thing is, I see new available wireless devices to cast at bottom of the menu. Yet, it doesn't discover Amazon FireTV stick for some reason. Check this video out:
The "Thomson (globe)" is my android tv to which fire tv is connected via HDMI. Menu on the screen of TV, is FireTV's screen mirroring options, waiting screen.
I saw another post regarding this issue on forum.
@Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS

I opened cast from quick tiles and also from settings getting this "certifications" screen.
Can someone replicate this? Previously there was usual cast device discovery menu (one where we get list of all available wireless displays/TVs to cast screen to)
Also, this new menu, no matter what settings I put, when I reopen this, settings are reset.
Checkout attached screenshot and video of the.
screenshot-20200902-103415271.jpg

Model Name: Rog 2 8/128gb
Firmware Version: .27 (Latest)
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System feature: Cast

2 REPLIES 2

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@shreyashshah16 Just checking in too see if your issues have been resolved.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@shreyashshah16 Just checking in too see if your issues have been resolved.

View post
It's done, for some reason phone did not auto refresh list of available devices.