This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5Z Signal drop after update

pjjibin
Star I
My phone's software got updated last week to 100.10.10792_20200715 and since then it started showing problems. Signal drops frequently and call gets cut. And it keeps showing as mobile data off and phone gets restarted automatically. Request you all to advise a solution.
7 REPLIES 7

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi pjjibin
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Take out the sim cards> Insert the empty sim port to the end>Re-insert the sim port with sim card
2. Please try reset Network: Settings>System>Reset options>Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
4. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

Do you face the issue with SIM signal only or Wi-Fi signal as well?
If the issue persists after troubleshooting above, please check your SMMI test: Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>SIM Signal Test/Wi-Fi Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

pjjibin
Star I
Hi..Christine_ASUS..thanks for your reply. I tried out all options suggested by you. Still signal from sim drops frequently and shows as no service and phone gets restarted. This is my second experience in the last 1 year and 3 months that signal drops after software updation. My phone is out of warranty now and please suggest what best can I do.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi pjjibin
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Which sim carrier are you using? Will the device work with other sim carrier?
2. Does the signal issue appear in SIM signal or Wi-Fi signal?
3. Did you repair your phone when you had faced the issue in the first time?
4. Please provide me the screenshot the result of your SMMI test.
5. Did the phone break or fall before?
6. Please check if the phone storage is ok. Settings>Storage & memory
7. What's your preferred network settings? (2G/3G or 2G/3G/4G)

pjjibin
Star I
Hi Christine_ASUS, thanks for your reply.
1, I use Omantel and Ooreedo networks. I tried with single sim also, but no use.
2, The issue is with sim signal and if I disable sims, other functions works normally.
3 My phone got repaired in last Feb at Asus service @Cochin under warranty.
5, I use protective case and recently no such drop/fall has not happened.
6, Only 19% phone storage is used now.
7, I use 2G/3G/4G network settings.