This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera throws "Camera cannot flips"

Alaudeen
Rising Star I
When I opened the camera application, it throws camera cannot flips error everytime. I have cleared camera cache but nothing helps, shows same error. 
13 REPLIES 13

sri4asus
Star I
Not sure why, I had same issue but a simple restart of the phone fixed the issue for me. Did you guys tried 167 new update and see if it resolved the issue?

aakashgupta1891
Star III
Although restart does fix a problem but that is just a very temperory fix for only sometime and then it again comes back to normal. I have updated to the new firmware today morning. It has indeed reduce the frequency of the problem but it is still very much there. I would say one out three times it is still happening. Thing is it has just become embarrassing to bring front camera in front of anyone to use right now 

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Have you tried the camera retract button in the quick settings menu and maybe even calibrating it? You can find the calibration process by holding the camera retract button.

m4n15h_r4w4t
Rising Star I
Have you tried the camera retract button in the quick settings menu and maybe even calibrating it? You can find the calibration process by holding the camera retract button.
Hey Anders. My phone's camera module has a slight vertical play from the non-motor end. Whenever I'm talking to someone on phone, the module buzzes due to sound reproduction. Also, when the phone vibrates I can hear the camera module buzz as well. There's one more issue when I'm walking with the phone in my front jeans pocket, I can hear the camera module flap slightly due to the walking motion. This is all due to the play in module. It doesn't exactly have a snug fit with the phone's body. Is this normal?

PS: I've tried recalibrating the camera also but it didn't help either.

m4n15h_r4w4t
Rising Star I
This is the exact issue I'm facing although the condition is not this worse as of now. I hope it just doesn't come to this in the near future. Check the links below. There are video links in it as well:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79765495&postcount=18
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79769934&postcount=23