Did you mean: 

Standby mode problems

yanouski
Star I
System: Windows 10 Pro
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: ASUS ExpertBook B9450FA-BM0345R
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: I have updated Windows version to the latest one but the problems remain.
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Greetings,
From the beginning I have the problems with my laptop in modern standby mode (while disconnected from AC).
The first problem is that the laptop doesn't stay in standby mode more than roughly 10 hours due to forced hibernation. Windows SleepStudy reports it as «Drain (dozed to hibernate because the standby battery budget was exceeded)». In Windows system events we can read «Hibernate from Sleep — Standby Battery budget Exceeded». With no devices connected to the laptop (and «NETWORKING IN STANDBY» Disconnected), battery drain in standby mode is at least 336 mW per hour (3511 mW per 10h 27min 36sec, 3621 mW per 10h 13min 7 sec, 3370 mW per 9h 11min 25sec). Battery drain in sleep mode is bigger than in simple Screen Off (956 mW per 2h 59min 49sec).
The second problem - when battery drain is very high (due to internal Windows processes or external load, for example smart-phone charging) the laptop transits to unknown state, unresponsive to power button click and with significant energy consumption; the only way to leave that state is 15 sec power button pressing.
Could it be a hardware problem? Please help me to figure out the cause of the problems with the laptop and, if possible, suggest how to fix them.
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Aleksander,
Thank you for the sharing.
For the coloring thing....I don't have much information about it, but I don't think it would affect the report.
So you would like to know when you don't open any windows, but also don't adjust anything, how long can the standby mode last?
I will see if I can test or find anything more for you.
I would like to know when you device got stuck by the phone charging, around that moment, what % of battery is it.
I don't need to know how many mW was lost during the charging process.
Thank you.

yanouski
Star I
Hello Blake_ASUS,
when the laptop got stuck by the phone charging the battery value was 78% (after event 23) and 81% (after event 178), and I suppose it would happen at any battery charge %.
"For the coloring thing....I don't have much information about it, but I don't think it would affect the report."
It should be "green" under low system activity.
"So you would like to know when you don't open any windows, but also don't adjust anything, how long can the standby mode last?"
Yes, and I would also like to know the expected battery drain values (in mWh) in standby mode for ASUS ExpertBook B9450FA with default (factory) Windows settings.
Thank you.
Aleksander

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Aleksander,
Would you mind rollback to 1909 since it's more stable?
Thank you.

yanouski
Star I
Hello Blake_ASUS,
I had the same problems on Windows 1909.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Aleksander,
I see. Let us dig in to some more then get back to you.
Thank you.