Ronnyy
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Trackpad is lagging
Model: Asus Tuf FX505DT
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: Yes

Hi I recently bought Asus Tuf FX505DT Ryzen 5/Gtx 1650 variant laptop is amazing screen,keyboard,performance everything is pretty great but the trackpad is terrible i have lag random click when lag and skipping once every 15 mins or so for 3-5sec and then its back to normal. I updated windows, downloaded all drivers from support page and updated them even tried generic drivers for trackpard reset windows multiple times still nothing not able to solve this isssue i can still return the laptop till 7th dec. so my last option is to ask on this fourm if there is any fix for trackpad issue. please help if you know anything i really like this laptop but my use case need a decent working trackpad. i'll try to make a video of the issue and upload it. Thank is advance
24 REPLIES 24

dinky26
Star I
Found this solution on a reddit thread and it has worked so far for me, hope you all have similar luck. Touchpad not lagging at all now.
go to Device manager, under Human Interface Devices find "Asus precision touchpad" and right-click it. click update driver and choose "Browse my computer for drivers" and then "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" then highlight "HID-compliant touch pad" click "next" and then "close".

YourLoginSux
Star I
dinky26

Found this solution on a reddit thread and it has worked so far for me, hope you all have similar luck. Touchpad not lagging at all now.

go to Device manager, under Human Interface Devices find "Asus precision touchpad" and right-click it. click update driver and choose "Browse my computer for drivers" and then "let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" then highlight "HID-compliant touch pad" click "next" and then "close".

View post
Ty dinky it worked for me too. This is amazing though, Asus driver doesnt work yet some universal driver does. Tuf is my first Asus and if things are gonna be like this maybe i just return to HP. 😳

nbangasan
Star I
dinky26

View post
This works for me. Thanks.

Yesterday i buy asus tuf and i see my pointer is lagging and freezing how can i solve this problem

dinky26

View post
I created an account just to say that this is also working for me so far.