Game Genie (record option) unstable in .92 new firmware

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Game Genie (record option)
After i updated to .92 new firmware sharing this problem after trying basic several troubleshoothing steps like clearing cache,restarts,safe mode this was never problem in previous firmwares
1)Firstly even after clicking on record option there was nothing happening onscreen no recording then I tried to check screen recording from notification toggle and system asked me for permissions i allowed all permissions than record option started working after few minutes i tried to restart game
Then,
2) After i restarted game this record option again started to behave same it was not working at all from game genie during gameplay so i tried screen recording option from notification panel and it was working fine from there so after that again i tried to check record option from game genie and it started to work again
I would say game genie record option is very unstable need to fix this it doesnt work on game restarts few of the times after few minutes of gameplay always have to wake game Genie record option by starting screen recording option from notification quick toggles 😬
Hope for fix
@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Victor0_ASUS
5 REPLIES 5

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
I can only record my screen through the option in the Control Center (Notification bar), GameGenie is no longer recording, I keep pressing and tapping the option but it doesn't respond.
Looking forward for this fix.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
The passage is moved from shtkn (August 3)
========================================
Game Genie Recording Feature Broken After Update
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_100.10.107.92_20200715
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Game Genie
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Game Genie's recording function no longer works after this update. This is the only way I know of to record gameplay with audio, and I had no issues up until this August update that my phone just got a few minutes ago. I've used this recording feature for over a year and had no issues, then this update broke it in the middle of a recording session I was doing for a video series. Please help.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friends
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
/Moved from htcone3015/
Model Name: asus zenfone z5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Screen recorder not warking after update.
When I click record, Nathing appears.

Hi htcone3015
Thank you for your asking. First of all, please avoid overlapping thread or message, which may disturb the mods and the users to solve the issue. Second, the issue of game genie recording is now under investigation. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.