ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

manasm_majhi
Star III
skailash2001

@salmannaser The green tint when display is off has been there from the beginning. Don't worry bro that is not an issue. Try zooming into a fully black image and you will still see it. It is just the nature of the display.

View post
I DONT see any green tint issue when display is off

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108564#Comment_108564

Exactly every oem forum has tons tons of display related posts (especially high refresh rate ones)

I did post a lot of sources in my comments above whether it be oneplus or samsung flagships who "supposedly" use the best available panels have display issues too whether it be tint, black crush, retention, black bar around punch hole etc

Just see amazon reviews for oneplus 8pro that phone had dumpster fire sales and the review section is filled with complains

Even the ultra expensive note 20 ultra has various display complains

View post
imperatorraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108401#Comment_108401

It is ironical that no other OEM has "advertised" it either. And yes, the amount of toxicity and hate is filth. So, I will call it that. As for the issue and youtubers not facing it, some of them might have not used it at low brightness, some maybe have accepted the same in high Hz panels and some just chose not to highlight it. You cannot blame ASUS for it, can you? Maybe just ping in your favourite YouTuber and take his opinion.

Also, in case you have access to internet to post long comments as these and whine, I would request you to please Google the issue and see the forums of other OEMs. You'll surprise yourself.

Peace

View post
I guess you need to check other forums where users of OnePlus and other companies also posted their experience but literally no one in other forums named those comments as filth expect you @imperatorraj in this forum and now I think everyone will get to know who is filthy

A: people who share their frustration and terrible experience of cartoonish Black gray patch display

(or)

B: the ones who just give users pain, frustration a tag of filth

A or B you can give your support to one of the above

choice is upto you folks ,You know who is a filth and who is not

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Okay @Averan I'll agree OnePlus also has some problems but do you think oneplus has this kind of terrible black crush , absolutely not
I'll post a picture tomorrow to show you how much OnePlus display is way better in terms of black crush
in rog 3 black crush is at its peaks no other phone will ever get to compete with it in black terms of black crush@Averan

salmannaser
Star III
manasm.majhi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108560#Comment_108560

I DONT see any green tint issue when display is off

View post
Can you post one picture while turned off from different angles.. please..

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anjubunny123

Okay @Averan I'll agree OnePlus also has some problems but do you think oneplus has this kind of terrible black crush , absolutely not

I'll post a picture tomorrow to show you how much OnePlus display is way better in terms of black crush

in rog 3 black crush is at its peaks no other phone will ever get to compete with it in black terms of black crush@Averan

View post
screenshot-20200902-133336508.jpg
screenshot-20200902-133332953.jpg
screenshot-20200902-133322175.jpg
screenshot-20200902-133329093.jpg
screenshot-20200902-133309911.jpg
The reviews start with this (almost every review mentions black crush)
All I see are complains on Amazon, reddit,their forums and telegram grps
img-20200902-133442-885.jpg
👀 (This is just one their grp is filled with complains)