ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Finally the update has fixed the problem

databliz09
Star I
Black Crush issue is on a HARDWARE PROBLEM they just fix it by calibrating Contrast - brigthness Settings as the result the black crush issue is gone but in a Deffirent areats you can spot the GREENISH BLACK on your Phone.
Summary WHY WHY WHY THE RED MAGIC 5G dosen't have this problem THEIR ALSO AMOLED and 144 hz.
Asus your Much Bigger Company We need you to stand up for us while we Support your Gaming Line.

maheshraj243
Star I
skailash2001

Review of new firmware 17.0823.2007.58 - horrible.

In my case the calibration seems to increase the black crush.

img-20200901-202928.jpg

img-20200901-203116.jpg

img-20200901-203215.jpg

I'm not gonna say anything else.

ASUS Mods@ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS I need you guys to acknowledge this so that I can at least be content that the "software issue" on my non- returnable flagship phone could be fixed.

THANK YOU.

P.S. Can we rollback System Update?( I'm not joking ).

View post
Bro after .58 update black crush issue is increased in my unit. What's wrong with you guys. Recalibrate the display and fix gamma near to 2.2. Right now it's around 2.4 . Then release OTA update.
@skailash2001 you are exactly correct in every sense. I wanna roll back to .47 update. .58 is upto no good in fixing this issue rather it increases it.
If 90% of your loyal users are facing this heavy black crush issue then release official statement from ASUS and acknowledge it. BE A MAN ASUS.
Some are saying every 2020 flagship phone is having some kind of crush or tint issue. But in case of our beloved rog 3 the issue is too much and too noticable that many loyal users of ASUS are frustrated and don't know what to do with their units.
PLEASE ASUS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. YOUR FORUMS, E-COMMERCE SITES AND INTERNET FLOODED WITH THIS DISPLAY PROBLEM OF ROG 3 AND YOUR USERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BUT YOU DON'T EVEN CARE.
AS FOR MY UNIT , THE HEAVY BLACK CRUSH ISSUE IS INTOLERABLE AND I WANT TO EITHER GET A REFUND OR REPLACEMENT OF MY DEFECTIVE UNIT FROM YOU ASUS.
NOT EVERYBODY WANT TO WASTE THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A DEVICE LIKE THIS WITH THIS KIND OF MAJOR ISSUE AND A WORST USER EXPERIENCE AS FAR AS DISPLAY IS CONCERNED.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
@maheshraj243 isn't the phone completely unusable on 144Hz. So it's kinda like a 120Hz phone now, with heavy black crush. Black crush is absent above 70% brightness on 60Hz maybe on 90Hz but 120 and 144 black crush has increased.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
Manoj Bobby

Trust me! With this new .58 update black crush just disappeared when the phone is running above 70% brightness. I didn't see it coming, at least something to cheer about

View post
After the update
Just saw new batman trailer it look even more worse ..
I feel cheated ..my return was cancelled refund was cancelled..
It's clearly a hardware issue not like one plus ..
We are thugged with cheap quality display ..
I hate asus..
Never going to buy any product ever again..
I swear