This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zenbook q407iq (r5 4500U, MX350) not waking up from sleep(s2idle)

wyj1017146866
Star I
System: linux 5.7.7, and windows 10 2004
Battery or AC: both
Model: q407iq
Frequency of occurrence: nearly always
Reset OS: tried several times
Screenshot or video: not possible to make it a screenshot
========================
Detailed description:
System cannot weak up from sleep on keyboard or mouse interruption. Opening the lid may weak it up, but it does not always work.
23 REPLIES 23

fireboypr
Star I
Hi, I've been having the exact same issues, almost every time I wake up the computer from sleep the keyboard doesn't work and about 10% of the time the screen back light also doesn't work but the computer does wakes up (I can see the camera lights blinking identifying me and logging me but screen completely dark) in this case I have to force shut down by pressing the power button for about 15 seconds. I have the latest BIOS upgrade 301 and all the latest drivers from the Asus website to date (9/1/20). Also I want to tray the solutions/workaround provided above but can't find how to enable hibernate (or any hibernate setting) anywhere. How do I enable Hibernation? thanks in advance.
--Update-- I was able to enable hibernation. will be testing this workaround until the keyboard driver issue gets resolved.

Endri
Star I
Data mau update asus ke Android 9 gimama cara ya

wyj1017146866
  1. System: linux 5.7.7, and windows 10 2004
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: q407iq
  4. Frequency of occurrence: nearly always
  5. Reset OS: tried several times
  6. Screenshot or video: not possible to make it a screenshot

========================

Detailed description:

System cannot weak up from sleep on keyboard or mouse interruption. Opening the lid may weak it up, but it does not always work.

zenbook q407iq (r5 4500U, MX350) not waking up from sleep(s2idle)
I have this same error with zenbook um433iq with bios version 301. It wont suspend because something is blocking.
Is there any information that I could provide for ASUS to solve this issue?

Red0X
Star II
ux331un here. I see a lot of other zenbook users are facing the same issue.. Multiple thread are open everywhere.
it looks like an issue with windows-BIOS-intel MEI-intel Graphic driver.
My machine is basically unreliable and useless for a working environment since probably a year
Asus is just ignoring the problem.. latest driver update is more than a year old. In the meanwhile windows version has been updated at least 4 times

Red0X
Star II
according to Intel numbering :
V26 drivers are for Windows® 10 May 2019 Update - WDDM 2.6.
V27 drivers are for Windows® 10 May 2020 Update - WDDM 2.7 .
Technically Asus as not yet released after 5 month a single V27 driver compatible with actual windows version