sayak_4ndz
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.47
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): On Factory Reset
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

5 REPLIES 5

sayak_4ndz
Star II
Day before it completely died.

I noticed it was not charging while the phone was on. Switched it off and it charged up. 31st Aug

1st Sep: Noticed charge icon was showing up on plug with ++ icon on the battery and immediately disappearing.
Tried with other chargers - same.
Purchased on 1st sale - cannot return.
Covid19 - cannot visit a service center.
Purchased my most expense phone yet and came with it this much trouble. Trusted the brand and jumped for it, being hopeful that I will get some help.
Tried fac reset/2 other mi chargers -18/10 watt.
Doesn't work while powered on/off.
Not sure but it might have started after I played around with the battery master.

sayak_4ndz
Star II
So contacted Asus CS today morning, and to my dismay during these pandemic times asked me to visit the service center.
Seems like there's just 1 in WB so far from my location. Will need to spend 1.5k for 1 trip, and if they decide to keep the phone then 3k.
For the last 6 years I was stuck to a particular phone brand and never I had to visit the service centers. Changed brand and purchased the most expensive phone yet and there you go.
This is sad.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@sayak.4ndz Is it the same with both USB-C ports and all your chargers? Also, which firmware are you currently on?
If you're up for it, you could log your device so I can pass it on for some further investigation.

sayak_4ndz
Star II
Same on both ports.
Firmware: WW_17.0823.2007.58
Something more I noticed - somehow it charges a bit after connecting the charger that's also very slow and stops after 1-2% increase.
Ready to share logs, but how?