Geekmer
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: RoG phone 3
Firmware Version: WW17.0822.2005.11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: all time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi friends I hope you can help me to solve this issue please. I just received my RoG phone 3 and all the time it's showing a notification of "Hardwarestub services" and I can't remove it, do you know a way to remove it from the phone?
Best regards!
screenshot-20200830-115848164-281-29.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Geekmer This message shows up because you (most likely) have a Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 that has been flashed with global firmware. This is not a supported configuration, which among other things means you will not get FOTA updates. I recommend you contact your reseller about a refund.

Geekmer
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Geekmer This message shows up because you (most likely) have a Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 that has been flashed with global firmware. This is not a supported configuration, which among other things means you will not get FOTA updates. I recommend you contact your reseller about a refund.

View post
Thank you for your quick reply Gustav, so there is no way to update this phone in the future? And there is no way to delete this notification? Best regards!

Skrue
Star III
Geekmer

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107884#Comment_107884

Thank you for your quick reply Gustav, so there is no way to update this phone in the future? And there is no way to delete this notification? Best regards!

View post
@Geekmer you will be able to manually update your firmware as long as the phone is compatible with the released firmware from Asus website.

Geekmer
Star I
Skrue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108419#Comment_108419

@Geekmer you will be able to manually update your firmware as long as the phone is compatible with the released firmware from Asus website.

View post
Thank you very much @Skrue . I have seen that in the web page there are 2 version of firmware the CN version and the WW version.
1. Do you know which version do I will need to use to update my phone?
2. I will need to use a computer, or just saving the firmware in an specific folder of the phone?
I hope don't bother, and again thank you for your kindly support.
Best regards!
screenshot-20200901-221624629-281-29.jpg