ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

salmannaser
Star III
sevillaken

Im already updated to firmware .58 and if brightness is set to at least 60% the black crush issue is gone but 60% below you can still see black crush.

@Anders_ASUS - sir is the issue will be completely gone in future updates?

View post
Guys but how to update to .58 firmware..

Cpz
Star III
imperatorraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108185#Comment_108185

It is disheartening to see the amount of filth people have to say and the lack of patience they have. If you could only see the whole thread, you would realise that Anders had already stated the same he said right now. But the pathetic degree with which everyone on this forum is targeting the Mods and Devs and the people who are talking sense, is just astonishing.

If you have so much problem, please read about Black Crush and what devices have it, instead of just blabbering whatever you want to on this forum. You spent your money by your choice. No one forced you to. So please stop making it sound like that. You wouldn't face black crush on day to day usage. It is limited to a few instances and I don't think it is that big of a deal that you all are making of it.

So for the sake of God, be patient. And note that everybody talking sense here is tired of hearing you want to refund or return. Please already do it and suit yourself with a new device. Cheers!

View post
Dude its not in some specific circumstances its all over phone ,and did u brought this dev? Until then u have no rights to speak about this issue so shut and ......u don't even know whats was the problem ur simply spanning like bots from nowere bot guy

Cpz
Star III
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108205#Comment_108205

Donot spread old and false news averan..

Black crush and display issues are worst on asus rog 3.

And there software support is too bad..

Enough of your fanboyism.

There is a limit for everything

Don't misguide the people here..they r not dumb.

First buy both the devices then speak.

I have both the devices and there r lot s of issues on rog 3.

View post
Yeah right!! Well said right now i brought op8pro after replacing rog 3 no single issue so far no black crush ,tint bla balaaa and OnePlus company have guts to give official statement for that issues but this asus no official statement only mods here ,they are Just saying wait couple of days finally its almost months still no updates

Skrue
Star III
skailash2001

Can you send the manual update link @Skrue ?

View post
just google 'Asus Rog 3 firmware' it will give you results from official Asus website.

Manoj_Bobby
Star III
Trust me! With this new .58 update black crush just disappeared when the phone is running above 70% brightness. I didn't see it coming, at least something to cheer about