ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108205#Comment_108205

Donot spread old and false news averan..

Black crush and display issues are worst on asus rog 3.

And there software support is too bad..

Enough of your fanboyism.

There is a limit for everything

Don't misguide the people here..they r not dumb.

First buy both the devices then speak.

I have both the devices and there r lot s of issues on rog 3.

View post
"False news" ok
"Outdated" Most of those pics are 2-3 weeks old at best
By the way those screenshots I posted in my comment above are from the oneplus 8 pro telegram group from "actual users"
Just take a peek at their reddit forums,tg grps, official forums etc you'll see
And I'm not talking about 1-2 isolated cases/posts it's pretty widespread for all units
To be honest I have no intention of arguing here but saying that an X oem has fixed something when in reality they haven't is a bummer and when you have proof from many sources to back it up (including people I know personally who got oneplus 8/pro and reported problems with it)
Then again the latest 1000$ samsung note 20 with a high hz display has display problems (tint as reported in the source above)
Plus I've seen a few comments here on this thread reporting that the black crush has been reduced after .58 so that's a good sign and Anders previous comment that Asus is working on it is a positive note

imbackatyou
Star III
You can't expect the devs will update one after another. You can wait at least. They acknowledge that they will fix it through FOTA. Devs should do the proper procedure to fix the issues. What's the deal here? Stop hating. Its not that OnePlus updating their phone every other day.

ktmnishanth
Star II
And one more issue I find with my rog3 is 144hz becomes choppy at low brightness levels...Mod pls look into it..

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ktmnishanth

And one more issue I find with my rog3 is 144hz becomes choppy at low brightness levels...Mod pls look into it..

View post
Actually at low brightness Rog 3 defaults to 60hz (overriding whatever hz you're currently using your phone at)
I think Asus did this on purpose idk why exactly maybe to save battery or maybe high refresh rate has tint at low brightness 🤔
Many users on other phones (high hz) have complained about tint on low brightness maybe that's the reason Rog 3 defaults to 60hz
This is just my theory though idk why exactly it defaults to 60hz

skailash2001
Rising Star I
If they did this on purpose, there must be a reason. But I tend to use my phone at home exactly at the brightness level where the refresh reduces and during the second half of the day I decrease the brightness further. So my experience really takes a hit