sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone-3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.32
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1. No ViLTE support in the native dialer.
2. Black crash Issue while playing some games and using Instagram.
3. In a certain scenario, touches are there even though my fingers are not touching the screen. (double tab to wakeup/sleep is on)
4. Sim card not detected very often.
5. Right air trigger is doing double touch instead of single.
6. Many games are not supported in twin app which is supported by other brands.
7. Fingerprint sensor glows too bright even when screen brightness is set to 20-30%. which is very uncomfortable to eyes at night. 
8. Photos app auto-rotate even when the auto-rotate mode is off.
9. Often refresh rate changes automatically/ controlled by some other app even when there are no apps running. which shouldn't be the case if i have set it to some manual fps.
4 REPLIES 4

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
@Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Anders_ASUS
Does ASUS have any plans to fix any of those? if so please let us know when and how if its a hardware issue.

GameOjas
Rising Star I
All things you mentioned seem to be software issue. Maybe next time they do fingerprint scanner on the side of screen where power button and volume button is...
Under screen fingerprint scanner is useless.... It has to shine super bright to scan the finger print. It has to basically take a photo of your finger print with flash to work.
Even when I have air triggers off... Sometimes they just randomly click.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
First try to update your firmware to .47. Check ASUS Support website for Manual file or your can check Automatically.
=> You need to Install Google dialer for the same.
=> We are currently looking into it.
3. In a certain scenario, touches are there even though my fingers are not touching the screen. (double tab to wakeup/sleep is on)
Settings => Advanced => Screenshot => 3 finger screenshot check if its enable. If enabled, disable the same and see if the multi touch issue disappears or gets better.
=> Check if the same improves post software update
=> Already noted and forwarded.
7. Fingerprint sensor glows too bright even when screen brightness is set to 20-30%. which is very uncomfortable to eyes at night. 
=> This is a behavior
9. Often refresh rate changes automatically/ controlled by some other app even when there are no apps running. which shouldn't be the case if i have set it to some manual fps.
=> Solved in .47 - Do confirm.

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
ARP_ASUS

First try to update your firmware to .47. Check ASUS Support website for Manual file or your can check Automatically.

=> We are currently looking into it.

Settings => Advanced => Screenshot => 3 finger screenshot check if its enable. If enabled, disable the same and see if the multi touch issue disappears or gets better.

=> Check if the same improves post software update

=> Already noted and forwarded.

=> This is a behavior

=> Solved in .47 - Do confirm.

View post
@ARP_ASUS Thank you for the quick response.
Yes, I'm using it, but it doesn't support video conference calling. It would be really nice if ASUS could add it into their native dialer. [low priority]

Will check and confirm others when I get .47 update. My Phone is showing its up to date with .32.
please confirm if any additional steps need to be done to get the .47 update.
whatsapp-image-2020-08-31-at-9-05-51-pm.jpeg