This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUEST for distortion control option on Rog phone 3 Audio Wizard for the speakers

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.047
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: This is not an issue. This is a request
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
Hi Asus moderators,
I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I would really like a selectable feature or permanent tweak regarding the speaker distortions ( especially when bass is high ).
I don't know about others, but the stereo speaker are one of the main reasons why I bought the phone. I generally max out the bass and if I do that there are some distortions. So I have to reduce the EQ and boost settings. But on some other cases ( like games, videos and movies ) max bass does not produce distortions and during that time I have to again increase the bass again and suddenly it distorts again during bass heavy sounds. So I have to keep changing EQ and Bass settings constantly.
So I would really like a feature which does not allow the speaker to distort whatsoever.
I would like to think it is a fairly easy thing to do ( if not, fine ). The distortions affect the overall experience very much.
So , ASUS MODS, please tell me if this is feasible.
For reference you can check the Poweramp Music Player app, it has a setting called limit which limits the amplifications to not let the speaker distort.
It is a small thing, some may even call this unnecessary but it is a very useful feature for the overall experience and the durability of the speakers ( the speakers will definitely get damaged if the bass is full always )
Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Come on guys @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS this is a simple yet effective feature

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,

It¨s not simple. The ROG Phone 3 utilizes DSP and psychoacoustic effects to bring audio to a new level in terms of smartphones.
The problem you are having is that the content you are playing are all different , and the frequencies arent the same in every song, movie, video, game.
A general suggestion is to keep the EQ sliders at +/- 3 if you dont want distortions in some content.

We will also pass back to our engineers and keep working on the sound system, thank you.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Okay. I completely understand. I was gonna ask for EQ suggestions but gave it to me. But I guess even if you limit distortions it would still distort depending on the audio being played. Anyways THANK YOU for the reply. You can close this discussion if you want.