REQUEST for distortion control option on Rog phone 3 Audio Wizard for the speakers

skailash2001skailash2001 Level 2
edited August 28 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.047
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: This is not an issue. This is a request
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Hi Asus moderators,

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but I would really like a selectable feature or permanent tweak regarding the speaker distortions ( especially when bass is high ).

I don't know about others, but the stereo speaker are one of the main reasons why I bought the phone. I generally max out the bass and if I do that there are some distortions. So I have to reduce the EQ and boost settings. But on some other cases ( like games, videos and movies ) max bass does not produce distortions and during that time I have to again increase the bass again and suddenly it distorts again during bass heavy sounds. So I have to keep changing EQ and Bass settings constantly.

So I would really like a feature which does not allow the speaker to distort whatsoever.

I would like to think it is a fairly easy thing to do ( if not, fine ). The distortions affect the overall experience very much.

So , ASUS MODS, please tell me if this is feasible.

For reference you can check the Poweramp Music Player app, it has a setting called limit which limits the amplifications to not let the speaker distort.

It is a small thing, some may even call this unnecessary but it is a very useful feature for the overall experience and the durability of the speakers ( the speakers will definitely get damaged if the bass is full always )

Thank you.

Comments

• Come on guys @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS this is a simple yet effective feature

• Hi,

It¨s not simple. The ROG Phone 3 utilizes DSP and psychoacoustic effects to bring audio to a new level in terms of smartphones.

The problem you are having is that the content you are playing are all different , and the frequencies arent the same in every song, movie, video, game.

A general suggestion is to keep the EQ sliders at +/- 3 if you dont want distortions in some content.

We will also pass back to our engineers and keep working on the sound system, thank you.

• skailash2001skailash2001 Level 2
    edited August 31

Okay. I completely understand. I was gonna ask for EQ suggestions but gave it to me. But I guess even if you limit distortions it would still distort depending on the audio being played. Anyways THANK YOU for the reply. You can close this discussion if you want.

This discussion has been closed.