Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 weird brightness bug

skailash2001
Rising Star I

Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.47
Rooted or not: Not rooted
This is issue is similar to the auto brightness issue.
If I set the brightness to minimum and lock the screen, the brightness increase by a small amount ok pressing power button.
And THEN if I lock it again and wait for 3- 4 seconds and if I press power button again the brightness is very low ( lower than normally possible to reach with the brightness bar ) and there is a red tint.
And if move the brightness further lower the screen nearly turns off ( this actually feels like the minimum brightness of the phone ).
ASUS Mods, @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
Please address this.
THANK YOU.
15 REPLIES 15

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @skailash2001,
Please share a video with your display brightness settings shown at first few seconds to understand the same better.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Sure. Here it is.
1. Brightness Bug.
Sidenote: When the brightness reduces there is a heavy red tint . And when I adjust the slider to decrease it further it is not that visible but the brightness lowers further.
2. Fingerprint scanner bug.
When in lock screen just a tap on the fingerprint scanner icon gives the display a tint. Here's the video for this issue.
Please take a look @ARP_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS ( sorry for wrongly tagging Anders, I cannot untag, seems like zentalk has a bug lol ).
THANK YOU

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@skailash2001 Thanks for your detailed response. I have forwarded your videos to our devs.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Glad I could help myself and others. Also Thank You for quickly responding and escalating the issue.